Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Cycling Vietnam - tips/companion

• shreeva

Joined Travelfish
    29th June, 2014
    Location New Zealand

I'm flying into Ho Chi Minh on 24th July 2014, and I fly out of Hanoi on 5th Aug and am looking for a travel companion to cycle with me for most/part of the journey. I am thinking of taking a couple of train trips along the way, so maybe cycling for around 6-7 days in total roughly. Ive done a little cycling before, but not on this scale. I'm in my late 30s and am quite fit, but I'm not taking this too seriously. I'm hoping it'll be a fun/active holiday.

Any tips for doing this trip?

Routr to take, cities to stop in. Roads to avoid/take? I hear SH1 is very busy.

#1 Posted: 29/6/2014 - 19:00

• Advertisement

• lobmarley

Joined Travelfish
    3rd July, 2014

Hey there, I'm currently in Siem Reap and about to head in to Vietnam - this sounds like something I could get on board with.

I had been planning on buying a bike - but the fitness element really appeals.

Are you on Facebook? If so we could swap accounts and chat on there?

#2 Posted: 3/7/2014 - 01:36

• shreeva

Joined Travelfish
    29th June, 2014
    Location New Zealand

Hey lobmarley, sure I'm shreevey3 on FB - chat soon my friend.
    Andrew

#3 Posted: 3/7/2014 - 07:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Looking for cycling travel companion July-August ... By AnaU on 22 May 2013 0 1780 22 May 2013