Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Vietnamese Visa in Phnom Penh

• charlottex

Joined Travelfish
    18th June, 2014

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi, I plan to get my visa for Vietnam in Phnom Penh , I read than it's cheaper, faster and easier to get it from a travel agent or even my hotel than the embassy. Did anyone experience this? Do you have any recommendation about a travel agent in Phnom Penh who does that? And one important question, how much time do I have to get into Vietnam once I get the Visa? my flight for Vietnam is the 22 of august and I plan to get the visa this week. Thanks a lot!

#1 Posted: 11/7/2014 - 06:59

• Advertisement

• thienphu

Joined Travelfish
    20th July, 2014

Posted from within Vietnam.

If you are Cambodia citizen, you are allowed to visit Viet Nam within 30 days without visa.

If you are in Cambodia but your nationality is not in Viet Nam visa exemption list, just choose one of the two ways below to apply Vietnam visa.

1. Apply with Vietnam Embassies/Consulates

This is the traditional and recommended way to get Vietnam visa. It is applicable for all citizens and for all borders in Viet Nam (airports, land or sea).

- Procedure: Go to the Viet Nam Embassy or Consulate nearest to your place to apply the visa. You are required to leave your original passport and it takes around 4-5 working days for processing. You are advised to contact the Embassy/Consulate in advance for visa application requirements.

Here is major information about Vietnam Embassy/Consulate in Cambodia:

Embassy of Vietnam in Cambodia

Add: 440 Monivong Blvd, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
    Tel: +855-23-726.274
    Fax: +855-23-726.495
    Email: ttcpc@mofa.gov.vn

Consulate of Vietnam in Cambodia
    Add: Road No 3, Sangkat Svay Por, Battambang Province – Kingdom of Cambodia.
    Tel: +855-53-6888867
    Fax: +855-53-6888866
    Email: battambang.kh@mofa.gov.vn; consul.battambang@mofa.gov.vn

2. Apply visa on arrival Online (Website visa online recommended: vietnamvisaembassy.org ; getvisavietnam.com, evivatour.com/vietnam_visas ; vietnamvisa.pro, myvietnamvisa.com, vietnam-visa.com ....)

Please note that visa on arrival is effective for traveling by air and your citizenship is available in the nationality list on our website.

Nowadays, Vietnam visa on arrival is more preferred for its convenience. You do not need to go far to the Embassy, do not need to send off your passport, do it everywhere online and save your time (1-2 working days only).

- Procedure:
    Firstly, visit website, fill in the secure online application form, make payment, and wait for 2 working days (normal service) or 1 working day (urgent service) to get your Visa Approval Letter via email. Print the letter out; bring it along with your passport, 02 photos and cash (USD) as stamping fee to get Vietnam visa stamped on your passport upon your arrival at the Vietnam airport.

#2 Posted: 20/7/2014 - 21:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Getting a Vietnamese Visa in Phnom Penh ... By longleat on 9 Feb 2007 5 2742 13 Feb 2007
Vietnamese Visa in Phnom Penh ... By charlottex on 11 Jul 2014 2 779 14 Oct 2014
Two vietnamese honda waves in phnom penh ... By crashe on 6 Feb 2012 3 800 7 Feb 2012
Obtaining vietnamese visa in Pnomh Penh ... By nzchanty on 24 Jan 2008 10 3638 26 Aug 2008
Laos Visa in Phnom Penh - don't get it here! ... By ruxandra on 6 Nov 2007 2 6343 13 Nov 2007
Getting a Vietnam visa in Phnom Penh ... By lynsands on 23 Aug 2009 6 5495 24 Aug 2009
vietnam visa in phnom penh ... By kaptainkano on 24 Aug 2011 2 2294 26 Aug 2011
Vietnam visa from Phnom Penh ... By C3DRFC on 21 Mar 2012 6 4066 19 Jun 2012
Vietnam Visa in Phnom Penh question ... By bkgzen on 8 Jun 2007 11 28817 7 Jul 2011
vietnam visa phnom penh Tet holiday ... By sayadian on 6 Feb 2010 0 2792 6 Feb 2010