Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Vietjet Air Cancellation

• coderalera

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2014

Hello everyone!

First of all, thanks to everyone who contributes building this site and congratulations for the good job!

I'm writing my first post because last May I've booked a flight from Bangkok to Hanoi with Vietjet Air on July the 28th and they have cancelled the flight. I only have an email from the company that arrived to my junk email and I've found it by chance! Now I'm expecting for their response because there has been no refund of the tickets and I want to know what's happening.

Is there anyone who has experience with this company or could explain me something about it? It's my first flight to Asia and I don't know much about how the companies are there and how is the costumer service they bring.

Thanks a lot in advance.

#1 Posted: 17/7/2014 - 05:42

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Doesn't the email provide any instructions about ra refund? Have you tried to call their call centre? (use Skype if their office is out-of country).

According to their website, they will probably refund: "We comply with the provisions on compensation for late or cancellation of flights laid out in regulations set by the Ministry of Transport."

I'd say, having looked at their website that they've stopped that route, so you can't reschedule. Check out Skyscanner and Air Asia to get some new flights booked.

#2 Posted: 17/7/2014 - 13:01

• Christiaan

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2014

Hey Coderalera,

Same story here for a flight on the 2nd of August from Bangkok to Hanoi . Found their e-mail in the junk box by chance. I've send an e-mail to their Callcenter about a refund of the booking fee, but no reaction so far. As Busylizzy mentioned, it looks like they dropped their Bangkok - Hanoi line as it not possible to find any flights on their website anymore. I've booked another flight on the same day with Vietnam Airlines, hope that they actually fly! Good luck.

Cheers,

Christiaan from The Netherlands

#3 Posted: 17/7/2014 - 15:38

• coderalera

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2014

Hello Busilizzy and Christiaan!

Thanks a lot for your fast replies and good advise. I'm going to book a new flight and call to the customer center, I'll let you know what's happening.

Cheers,

Marc

#4 Posted: 18/7/2014 - 02:21

• thienphu

Joined Travelfish
    20th July, 2014

Posted from within Vietnam.

Vietnam Airline is the best airline in Vietnam. You should book tickets here.

#5 Posted: 20/7/2014 - 21:22

• coderalera

Joined Travelfish
    17th July, 2014

Finally it seems that the money has been refunded and we've booked a new flight from Bangkok to Hanoi. Thanks for your advice Thienphu, it will be very useful for us.

#6 Posted: 22/7/2014 - 02:53

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.