Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Reunification Express Train

• archiebaby

Joined Travelfish
    12th September, 2007

Should I pre-book my ticket or get it when I arrive. I want to travel by train between Hoi An & Hue, any suggestions please

#1 Posted: 27/9/2007 - 10:56

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi archie,

It depends on when you're travelling, ie in peak season it may be worth booking in advance, but bear in mind a lot of trains do that run every day, so you should be able to get a seat without too much difficulty as long as you're a bit flexible on which train to catch.

Note, the closest mainline station to Hoi An is Da Nang.

it's a very pretty trip

#2 Posted: 28/9/2007 - 07:51

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

I suggest you forget the train for this short trip.

The Hue station is way out from downtown and getting a seat is difficult as it is a busy line and you still need wheels after arrival in Da Nang. Often, for short trips like this the rail people will make you ride a 'local' train, making space on the Reunification class for people who are on longer, more profitable, trips.

The Opentour crowd all have buses departing both Hue and Hoi An, in opposite directions, at 08.00H and 12.00H. VND30,000 either way between the cities.

The journey is about 3-4 hours including the usual 'make the driver rich' coffee stop - just north of Lang Co.

The advantage is that you get taken into Hoi An and Hai Ba Trung is where the economical hotels are located AS WELL as several bus line offices.

BTW ONLY RIDE AN PHU or SINH BUSES - the rest are, literally, killers, often with buses that are mechanically unsafe.

#3 Posted: 28/9/2007 - 09:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Reunification express ... By LeighA on 16 May 2007 2 2211 20 May 2007
5 Star Express Train ... By chichinic on 27 Feb 2008 11 5918 11 May 2008
Train Number 39 (SPECIAL EXPRESS) 22:50 from bangkok ... By woodyuk on 12 Feb 2010 5 3080 14 Feb 2010