Nha Trang or Da Nang?

• anniele

Joined Travelfish
    25th July, 2014
    Places visited:
    At least 19

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hello,

My family is planning to go to the beach. One of my friends suggested that we should choose Nha Trang or Da Nang. Which one is better for a family trip?

Can you guys give me some recommendations for places to visit and accommodation?

#1 Posted: 25/7/2014 - 15:29

• Advertisement

• larsay

Joined Travelfish
    20th July, 2014

NOT Nha Trang, famous for being the resort of Russians tourists, mostly drunk from dawn to dusk. Danang is in a beautiful bay, but the famous China Beach is lined with pretentious expensive resorts and has not charm whatsoever; Go to fantastic HOI AN; 34 km south of Danang, where you have the beautiful beach of Ang Bon (and Cua Dai, but big resorts also) + the very charming Cham Island, with its beach coves.

#2 Posted: 27/7/2014 - 03:35

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

You want Hoi An - considerably better/nicer than either of the other 2 places.

#3 Posted: 11/8/2014 - 12:42

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

Da Nang actually offers a lot, I found the beaches to be really serene in February (though probably a bit chilly for a swim) and there weren't any pretentious resorts - rather, there were not many people right on the beach. Better to stay in town so you can get to hang out with locals at the bar scene - it is a real lively Vietnamese city. Hoi'an is also nice, but felt a bit of a back-packer ghetto when I was there compared to the more natural feel of Da Nang. Either way, stay in the area for a week with a rented motorbike and you can explore all over.

#4 Posted: 11/8/2014 - 21:53

• anniele

Joined Travelfish
    25th July, 2014
    Places visited:
    At least 19

So sorry that I am busy working so I cant have time to check all your reply. And my younger sister already booked Nha Trang flight cause there was a big promotion for Nha Trang ticket. I cannot change so I have to prepare for a trip to Nha Trang. A big pity to read all the comments now :((

If you ever went to Nha Trang, please give me some advice

#5 Posted: 18/8/2014 - 16:07

• vuongthithuy

Joined Travelfish
    23rd September, 2014

it is a real lively Vietnamese city. Hoi'an is also nice, but felt a bit of a back-packer ghetto when I was there compared to the more natural feel of Da Nang.

#6 Posted: 23/9/2014 - 00:11

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Nha Trang or Da Nang/Hoi An ... By dstrips on 10 Jan 2010 26 19320 25 Dec 2011
Overnight train Nha Trang to Da Nang? ... By adelene on 16 Jul 2006 2 9482 17 Jul 2006