Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Booking a halong bay cruise with agoda

Posted by Jaymo89 on 28/7/2014 at 17:47

I'm just wondering if anyone has booked a halong bay cruise via agoda? It seems to be much cheaper than booking directly through the tour's website. I was just curious to know if you still get the full cruise or if you are just paying for meals and a bed? As in - do we still follow the same itinerary and get to take part in activities?

Thanks,

Jenny

#1 Jaymo89 has been a member since 28/7/2014. Posts: 4

Posted by larsay on 2/8/2014 at 03:23

Posted from within Vietnam.

Agoda is a very serious company and sell cruises all included (transfers Hanoi-halon, cruise, meals, visits etc).; the only problem is that they sell all kinds of junks so you have to know the good from the less good, and you get a group junk. Select a SMALLER one (11-15 cabins) !

#2 larsay has been a member since 20/7/2014. Posts: 45

Posted by emotioncruise on 14/9/2014 at 22:45

In my opinion, It's better for you to chose booking.com. You can make payment and contact directly to service supplier. Agoda is not the same like this. At present, in Halong bay, it's storming season. So, you should book big cruises with over 20 cabins will be safe for you.

#3 emotioncruise has been a member since 14/9/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by larsay on 17/9/2014 at 00:52

Well, let's put it that way : Agoda and Booking sell everything and nothing, good and bad as long as they get a commission. They do not even check either their hotels or their junks or anything before listing them. Halong is NOT a destination that you book lightly, you would get sorry on a so-so junk, and there are a LOT of them !!!

So, the best is neither Agoda nor Booking but a SERIOUS agency which knows Halong and its junks upside down and select the best, such as Oriental Bridge Travel and Parfum d'Automne, or directly with the junk operator, such as both of those, which OWN private junks (Oriental Sun for Oriental Bridge Travel and Parfum d'Automne for the other, or V'Spirit or Dragon Cruises for excellent collective junks.

#4 larsay has been a member since 20/7/2014. Posts: 45

Posted by jennynguyen90 on 18/9/2014 at 01:23

I agree with larsay,
Agoda and booking are sell everythinbg to get a commission. They are not sure quality, but the price of these website is lowest. To safe and warranty You look over review on agoda and booking as well as TA to choice quality company for a halong bay cruise
Enjoyed

#5 jennynguyen90 has been a member since 2/9/2014. Posts: 18

Posted by jennynguyen90 on 18/9/2014 at 01:23

I agree with larsay,
Agoda and booking are sell everythinbg to get a commission. They are not sure quality, but the price of these website is lowest. To safe and warranty You look over review on agoda and booking as well as TA to choice quality company for a halong bay cruise
Enjoyed

#6 jennynguyen90 has been a member since 2/9/2014. Posts: 18

Posted by PoppyHeart on 26/9/2014 at 21:32

Agoda sounds good but you should take some other advices in tourism websites into account.

#7 PoppyHeart has been a member since 26/9/2014. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 32

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.