Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Suggested Itinerary

• poofie555

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2007

I will be in Siem Reap for 20 (travelling and volunteering) and would like to spend the other 10 travellling in Vietnam.

Given, the limited time I have i don't know where to start. I have looked at the suggested itineraries but am not sure what the best route would be. Are there flights from Siem Reap to Hanoi? Or can I take a bus to Danang?

Appreciate your help.

#1 Posted: 1/10/2007 - 07:58

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Southern Vietnam - eg Saigon, Mekong Delta, Mui Ne would give you a good taste for the country. You can easily overland from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh, then take the boat down to Chau Doc in the Delta, from there onto say Can Tho or My Tho, then a few days in Saigon before heading for a bit of beach time in Mui Ne.

If you wanted to head north, Vietnam Airlines flies from Siem Reap to Hanoi, but not to Da Nang. A bus from Saigon to Da Nang takes a long time, well over a day from memory.

If you flew to Hanoi, there's loads around there to fill ten days - ha Long Bay, Sapa, Hanoi town etc

Hope that helps

#2 Posted: 1/10/2007 - 09:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Suggested itinerary ... By alexlazarus on 18 Feb 2008 1 2211 21 Feb 2008
suggested itinerary for Malaysia ... By breatheagain on 30 May 2013 2 2203 6 Jun 2013
suggested itinerary for 1 week Burma ... By padigirl on 4 Aug 2009 4 8042 12 Aug 2009
3 weeks in Laos for the solo traveller - suggested itinerary ... By saxomophone on 13 Jan 2009 4 5391 14 Jan 2009
Suggested Budget and Itinerary for Thailand Laos Vietnam and Cambodia ... By emmah on 7 Mar 2013 4 2443 8 Mar 2013