Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Do I need a visa? Hoping not.

• HMira74

Joined Travelfish
    1st September, 2014

I have tried to google this and can't find an answer.

I'm travelling to Vietnam in December with my kids. We have a Finnish passport and we can stay 15 days without a visa in Vietnam.

My question is that do I need a visa to Vietnam while we will spend some of the vacation is Cambodia? We will arrive to HCMC on the 18th of December, but after 2 days we will go to Cambodia. Will arrive back to Vietnam on the 1st of January for 8 days. Do I need a visa while my flights are from HCMC (arrival 18.12 and departure 8.1.)? We are using a bus to exit and enter Vietnam to/from Cambodia.

#1 Posted: 1/9/2014 - 17:09

• Advertisement

• MotHaiBa

Joined Travelfish
    3rd May, 2011

Always consult the viet embassy or their website for the latest information.
    Having said that, I think you have answered your question. Each time you enter vietnam you have 15 days visa free - on initial entry and then when you return from cambodia clock will start again. When you leave vietnam on 20 dec you will stamped out of the country.
    Good luck with it.

#2 Posted: 1/9/2014 - 23:21

• tungrua

Joined Travelfish
    8th May, 2014
    Location Vietnam

Posted from within Vietnam.

You do not need a visa if you stay under 15 days and you can entry and out many times as you want.

#3 Posted: 25/9/2014 - 02:42

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

VN is currently considering extending the visa exemption to many other westerners, according to the VN press.

#4 Posted: 26/9/2014 - 12:09

• PoppyHeart

Joined Travelfish
    26th September, 2014

Posted from within Vietnam.

You do not need Vietnam visa. For your first arrival, you just stay in Vietnam 2 days < 15 days
    For your second arrival, you just stay in Vietnam 8 days< 15 days. It is reason why you do not need Vietnam visa.

#5 Posted: 26/9/2014 - 21:09

• HMira74

Joined Travelfish
    1st September, 2014

Thank you for the replies. My main concern was how to proof we are actually leaving the country after 2 days. I did buy online bus tickets to Phnom Penh and I hope it will be enough of documentation when we will arrive HCMC airport. So, I guess there is no limits how often you can anter the country and how many days you have to be somewhere else between the stays?

#6 Posted: 28/9/2014 - 02:49

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.