Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Do I need a visa? Hoping not.

Posted by HMira74 on 1/9/2014 at 17:09

I have tried to google this and can't find an answer.

I'm travelling to Vietnam in December with my kids. We have a Finnish passport and we can stay 15 days without a visa in Vietnam.

My question is that do I need a visa to Vietnam while we will spend some of the vacation is Cambodia? We will arrive to HCMC on the 18th of December, but after 2 days we will go to Cambodia. Will arrive back to Vietnam on the 1st of January for 8 days. Do I need a visa while my flights are from HCMC (arrival 18.12 and departure 8.1.)? We are using a bus to exit and enter Vietnam to/from Cambodia.

#1 HMira74 has been a member since 1/9/2014. Posts: 2

Posted by MotHaiBa on 1/9/2014 at 23:21

Always consult the viet embassy or their website for the latest information.
Having said that, I think you have answered your question. Each time you enter vietnam you have 15 days visa free - on initial entry and then when you return from cambodia clock will start again. When you leave vietnam on 20 dec you will stamped out of the country.
Good luck with it.

#2 MotHaiBa has been a member since 3/5/2011. Posts: 57

Posted by tungrua on 25/9/2014 at 02:42

Posted from within Vietnam.

You do not need a visa if you stay under 15 days and you can entry and out many times as you want.

#3 tungrua has been a member since 8/5/2014. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 4
 Where has tungrua been? 

Posted by daawgon on 26/9/2014 at 12:09

VN is currently considering extending the visa exemption to many other westerners, according to the VN press.

#4 daawgon has been a member since 17/4/2007. Posts: 1,083

Posted by PoppyHeart on 26/9/2014 at 21:09

Posted from within Vietnam.

You do not need Vietnam visa. For your first arrival, you just stay in Vietnam 2 days < 15 days
For your second arrival, you just stay in Vietnam 8 days< 15 days. It is reason why you do not need Vietnam visa.

#5 PoppyHeart has been a member since 26/9/2014. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 32

Posted by HMira74 on 28/9/2014 at 02:49

Thank you for the replies. My main concern was how to proof we are actually leaving the country after 2 days. I did buy online bus tickets to Phnom Penh and I hope it will be enough of documentation when we will arrive HCMC airport. So, I guess there is no limits how often you can anter the country and how many days you have to be somewhere else between the stays?

#6 HMira74 has been a member since 1/9/2014. Posts: 2

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.