Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hoi An tailor

• Whitehall4

Joined Travelfish
    4th October, 2007

Anyone know of a good reliable and ggod value tailor in Hoi An?

#1 Posted: 4/10/2007 - 13:10

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Here's a couple of past threads on this topic:

Hoi An clothes

Great tailor in Hoi An

#2 Posted: 4/10/2007 - 14:21

• hansyen

Joined Travelfish
    2nd April, 2007

I was in July/August in Hoi An I was very pleased with the work and services of a tailor shop on 22 Le Loi Street (same name as their address). Not the most beautiful decorated shop in Hoi An but for sure the one with the most quality tailors work for a good price. The service is the best and I know that this is not always the case in other shops. I visit their shop since they open in 2003 and this year was my fifth time that I let them make all my clothes. And also this time, like all the times before, I was a satisfied customer.

To choose a good shop is important but even more important are the tailors, who are working for a shop. The tailor who is making the suits for 22 Le Loi street is one of the best in Hoi An. I know for a fact that he does this work for 6 or 7 years now. The first 3 or 4 years he worked for a boss who was teaching him how to make suits. Since a couple of years he is working alone.
    Also for the other pieces of clothes they work together with tailors who have years of experience in making clothes. My advice is that you better choose for quality instead of a well-decorated shop. A well-decorated shop shall most of the time charge you a higher price for the same or even less quality. A big part of your payment is for the shop decoration and that is not something you can enjoy back home.

The 2 sisters, who are running the shop, have a lot of experience in tailor work and they are relax and certainly not pushy. The fabrics they are using is the same as in all the other shops but the quality of their tailor work is the best and the price they charge me was lower than the price most of the other shops are asking for the same or even lower quality. If you are planning to go to Hoi An, I can really recommend them.

If you planning to visit this shop make sure that you say hello from Hans, Yen and Kimberly from Holland and I'm sure that you will get the highest possible services

#3 Posted: 4/10/2007 - 14:28

• Whitehall4

Joined Travelfish
    4th October, 2007

to admin (and hansyen),

Thank you very much for the advice. We will take a print of your post and show it to them to tell them they are on an internet travel forum!!

#4 Posted: 4/10/2007 - 18:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.