Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Getting a Vietnam Visa in Bangkok? Phnon Phen?

• kunayala13

Joined Travelfish
    15th October, 2007

Quick Question: Does anyone have experiences getting visas in Bangkok or Phnon Phen? Can I get the visa in the same day? I was hoping not to spend too much time in either place, but I am hoping to go to Vietnam.

#1 Posted: 15/10/2007 - 22:39

• Advertisement

• Skowl

Joined Travelfish
    10th August, 2007
    Total reviews: 3

You can get the visa in Phnom Phen. We got our guesthouse, the Capital I think, to do it. They charged more and did it in one day by taking the passports to Battambang and getting it done there. I think it takes 3 days at the Phnom Phen embassy. At least that's what we were told at the time.

#2 Posted: 16/10/2007 - 04:32

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

You can pay for an express service at the embassy in Phnom Penh and they'll do it same day, otherwise there's a bunch of options, two/three/five day services, and the price gets lower each time -- or go to a travel agent who'll most likely shuttle it down to the consulate in Sihanoukville to get the visa.

#3 Posted: 16/10/2007 - 17:17

• rakhee2108

Joined Travelfish
    8th March, 2007
    Total reviews: 6

In PP, we got our Vietnam visa from Lucky Lucky motorcycle hire. Next day service cost $31USD (initially, we were quoted $38USD, so make sure you bargain hard!)

#4 Posted: 16/10/2007 - 20:19

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.