Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Central Vietnam Reccomendations

• ozscott

Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2007

Hi TravelFish'ers,

My wife & I are headed to SE Asia for a 6 week holiday (2+ weeks Vietnam, 2 weeks Laos, 1 week Cambodia). We land in Ho Chi Minh Feb 21st, are planning 3 nights in (Ho Chi Minh), then a flight to Da Nang or Hue. We have allowed 6 nights in Central Vietnam, then fly to Hanoi from Da Nang or Hue.

Question - What would be our best travel itinerary and transport options for our 6 nights in Central Vietnam? We arn't overly interested in history or architecture, rather markets, shopping, beaches, wats, natural sites, dining and easy going times. I've been told that some parts of Central Vietnam have turned 'grubby & troublesome' so seek advice on the better places to be for this 6 days considering it is such a short time.

Many thanks in advance for your responses...
    OzScott

#1 Posted: 20/10/2007 - 08:13

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi OzScott,

"markets, shopping, beaches, wats, natural sites, dining and easy going times"

Sounds like Hoi An to me!

So, if you fly into Da Nang, then taxi is south to Hoi An -- I'd recommend at least three nights, then return to Da Nang and catch the train north to Hue -- it's one of the most beautiful stretches of railway in the country. In Hue it's mostly museums and imperial tombs, but it's still a relaxing spot -- there's also some beach nearby.

That should use up your six days and then press on north.

Hope that helps

#2 Posted: 20/10/2007 - 09:00

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.