Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

beach/islands in Vietnam

• ac1979

Joined Travelfish
    5th November, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

HI,

My husband and I live in Thailand, and we're going to Vietnam over xmas/new years. Flying into Hanoi on 20th Dec, and out from Saigon on Jan 5th.

We wanted to go to Phu quoc from Dec 27th to Jan 3rd, but i'm worried we won't find accomodation. I've been trying to pre-book, but no luck..

Any suggestions for the next best beach/island in Vietnam?
    I'm been to Nha Trang so don't want to go there..It's a bit too much like Pattaya for me.

I was in Mui Ne about 4 years ago, and it seemed nice, but a bit quiet/boring...maybe I got the wrong impression though.

Anyway, would love to hear any recommendations you have.

Best,
    AC

#1 Posted: 5/11/2007 - 18:42

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi AC,

The majority of accommodation on Phu Quoc cannot be booked online, so if you're being turned away from the standards (Mango Bay, Tropicana, Phu Quoc Saigon Resort etc) that doesn't mean the island is full.

That said, you'll be there in peak of peak so it will be busy, but as long as you've got some flexibility, you should be able to find a place somewhere -- the southern end of Long Beach has a cluster of Vietnamese-run cheapies -- they're probably a good bet.

#2 Posted: 6/11/2007 - 08:41

• CatBa2

Joined Travelfish
    6th November, 2007

This islands choice beach areas are fast disappearing under construction sites ashttp://www.phuquocland.net/detail.php?ttID=92&ndID=2ietNam turns itself into a 'same same' destination as other countries in the area.

The moderator was too modest not to mention this web sites Phu Quoc Island pages < http://www.travelfish.org/location/vietnam/mekong_delta/kien_giang/phu_quoc_island >.

A word of caution. Online booking systems frequently advertise properties whose descriptions are unreliable through totally untrue.

Likewise, tour operators and travel agents are equally risky, particularly in Ha Noi so exercise caution and always use plastic co if there are disappointments you can always seek assistance from the credit card issuer.

Transport is usually by air from HCMC although, increasingly, there are cruises from Thailand that land at Phu Quoc and immigration can even land people there.

Flights are best either on-line (VietNamAirlines.com) or purchased at the airport. Buying through a travel agent attracts 'service charges'.

#3 Posted: 6/11/2007 - 16:49

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.