Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Suits in Hanoi

• ivo_24

Joined Travelfish
    29th April, 2007

Hi there,

I am on my second trip to SE Asia. Last November I spent 3 weeks in Thailand, but this time round I am planning on spending 6 weeks spread between Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand. I would like to thank travelfish as I have browsed through much of the site and it has all been very helpful.

I am spending a few days in Hanoi, and my friend would like to get some suits made. I know from shopping in Bangkok that it is difficult to find a tailor that doesn't make 80s style power suits. Is there someone that could recommend a tailor in Hanoi that uses contemporary designs?

Many Thanks in advance.

Ivo de Vocht

#1 Posted: 8/11/2007 - 07:34

• Advertisement

• ionaman

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2007
    Total reviews: 4

If possible you should get clothes made in Hoi An.

2 places I would recommend are Hung An, 653 Hai Ba Trung where we got very good clothes/dress/skirts made for reasonable prices and for footwear An NAM which is beside it. Girlfriend got boots made for $30 and she was delighted with them.

#2 Posted: 9/11/2007 - 17:24

• ivo_24

Joined Travelfish
    29th April, 2007

Thanks lonaman.

Is Hung An in Hanoi or Hoi An?

We are passing through Hoi An on our way down the coast, but will only be spending a day or two there, so may be pressed to have a suit made in that time.

#3 Posted: 10/11/2007 - 10:29

• ionaman

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2007
    Total reviews: 4

ivo_24,

Both places i mentioned are in Hoi An. I dont know about suits but the clothes and boots we got made took 24 hours so maybe you do have time. Possibly someone who got suits made might be able to comment!

Regards,
    Dave

#4 Posted: 10/11/2007 - 22:28

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.