Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

is ivivu.com reliable for booking flights within Vietnam...

• soccertaxi

Joined Travelfish
    26th October, 2007

Hi there,

Need to know if ivivu.com is a reliable company to buy internal flights for Vietnam. Don't appear to be able to do it directly with Vietnam Airlines until I get to Vietnam. (arrive Dec. 11, need flights for Dec.20, 27 and Jan.2)

I am in the process of trying to buy tickets for a few internal flights (Hanoi-Hue, Danang-HCM, HCM-PhuQuoc). Because we will travelling over the busier Christmas period and are four people including kids, I thought buying ahead would be worth the peace of mind. Travelling on separate flights or days is not an option if things are tight.

Has anyone ever dealt with this company? Things were going well but seem to have stalled and I am not getting an answer to my last email (1 week ago) trying to confirm a few details regarding price, tickets reserved and how to pay online. The online web quote was for about $100 less than what the agent came back with, the difference seems to be the booking fee...what is the normal booking fee with this agency (per ticket, per person..)?

Please let me know if you have had good or bad experiences with this agency and if long delays with emails are normal...

Thanks for any advice.

#1 Posted: 14/11/2007 - 05:51

• Advertisement

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

All the destinations you mention have several flights each day.

You CAN NOT beat ordering your tickets from the air carriers at (1) Your local travel agent at home; (2) At the airport on arrival; (3) The in-city ticketing offices in cities you mention.

You can (1) Order in person at city offices; (2) Order by telephone - using a credit card then you note the e-ticket reference number and pick up the ticket at the airport at the time of departure.

CAUTION: Please ensure that the NAME you provide for PASSENGERS is EXACTLY as IN THEIR PASSPORTS!!!!!!!

If you telephone long distance / from overseas they will take a telephone reservation.

#2 Posted: 15/11/2007 - 03:28

• chrisa77

Joined Travelfish
    23rd August, 2007

I recently booked with them (return flight HCM-PhuQuoc) and had a great experience. Flights were for Jan.3-8. I just received my tickets via courier today and my total came to $188.30 usd for two people -- even with the $40 courier fee, it was still MUCH cheaper than the other prices I found.

#3 Posted: 21/11/2007 - 23:35

• darrellsa

Joined Travelfish
    22nd October, 2007
    Total reviews: 3

I tried to order tickets online for the same HCM-Phu Quoc route because of their relative cheap prices.

They were very helpful until I submitted my card details when making the final payment. We were quite pressed for time and after a week without confirmation of the booking, and no answer to my phone calls, I emailed asking them to cancel the booking and destroy my credit card details.

After another week, with still no word from iVivu, we got on our plane for Hanoi. In Hanoi I went to visit their office. It seemed that they had just not got around to answering me. I paid for the flight tickets in cash at the office and they printed them out for me while I waited. I still only paid $40 per ticket.

They seem safe, but just not to hot with the customer service. They were very insistant that I should pre-book my tickets with them online to insure a seat, but when I got to Hanoi there were plenty of seats still available.

#4 Posted: 2/12/2007 - 15:46

• darrellsa

Joined Travelfish
    22nd October, 2007
    Total reviews: 3

Oh yeah, this as about 3 weeks ago, mid Nov 2007

#5 Posted: 2/12/2007 - 15:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
www.ivivu.com broken... temporarily www.ivivu.info ... By smokesthecat on 3 Aug 2008 0 1526 3 Aug 2008
booking flights with Vietnam Airlines ... By Sarah2301 on 30 Oct 2008 12 4705 21 Nov 2008
Booking Vietnam Airlines Flights from the UK ... By Joseph_79 on 10 Oct 2009 8 3786 18 Jan 2014
Pre Booking Vietnam Flights via Travel Agency ... By ozscott on 29 Oct 2007 2 2535 29 Oct 2007