Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Post Typhoon Conditions - Hoi An and Hue

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Hoi An, Quang Nam Province (see < http://www.vnn.vn/province/quangnam/ >) continues to be under water, as does much of the water.

Many farm animals have been drowned and many more are camped out on the roofs of buildings.

Emergency supplies of food have been delivered as much of the rice crop is under water too.

Much as I personally hate to suggest this, I think tourists should consider AVOIDING Hoi An at this time.

Given that the journey time between Nha Trang and Da Nang is around 12 hours by road consideration should be given to flying between these points.

The Open Tour bus services are affected by the water.

Hue water levels are up and down; I will be driving to Hue later today or tomorrow and I will posta agin under this message as to the current conditions.

Quite honestly, tourists arriving in these conditions are more of a pain in the a*se, as the authorities have plenty of difficulties looking after the indigenous population without fussing around after people who arrive voluntarily.

Hoi An is part of essential VietNam, as is Hue, but I seriously recommend people consider the conditions before making destination decisions.

Travel safe!

#1 Posted: 15/11/2007 - 03:22

• Advertisement

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Typo:
    "to be under water, as does much of the water."

Should read: "to be under water, as does much of the PROVINCE (of Quang Nam)."

#2 Posted: 15/11/2007 - 03:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.