Vietnam forum

3 week trip

• downundergal

Joined Travelfish
    28th February, 2005
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 4

Hi all,
    I'm starting to plan a trip to Vietnam for April 2008 for about 3 weeks. Bearing in mind this is a holiday & we both need a rest how does this sound?
    Saigon 2 or 3 nights
    Nha Trang (taking an overnight train or fly? open to suggestions) for a rest for about 5-6 nights and/or Mui Ne if OK its sounds perpetually windy
    Hoi An 2N
    Hue 3N
    Fly to Hanoi
    Hanoi 2N
    Sapa 2N
    Halong Bay 2N cruise or is 1N enough
    Hanoi 1N
    Can I skip Danang and Dalat or maybe do as a day trip and also Can Tho in the Mekong (bearing in mind I have done similar in Laos) or is there somewhere else I should try to fit in.
    Am I stretching it timewise as I don't want to be constantly on the move.
    Also I am not a trekker so is there a soft option in Sapa to see that amazing scenery that anyone knows of.
    Thanks for any input.
    Kerrie

#1 Posted: 25/11/2007 - 14:32

• Advertisement

• jimsparadise

Joined Travelfish
    25th November, 2006

If you love the beach, Phu Quoc Island is ideal. You can fly to Nha Trang real cheap, about $30, using Pacific Airlines, the cheap domestic airline in Vietnam. Skip Danang, but rent a motorbike while in Hoi An and go tour that long stretch of beach from Hoi An to China Beach--while at China Beach--explore Marble Mountain--it's great. The boat trips out of Nha Trang are fun--Sailor Bar at night. If spend 3 nts in Saigon, can do great day trips from there, like Mekong. $ nts in Nha Trang is probably enough given your slight squeeze of time.
    Use the most reputable booking agent in Hanoi to arrange trips to Halong Bay and Sapa, otherwise, you may get sub-standard accommodations. And yes, Mui Ne is windy--always--skip it-fly to Nha Trang cheaply and savor the time well saved.--ENJOY.......Maybe I'll see you there--I'll be arriving from Cambodia about that time.

#2 Posted: 25/11/2007 - 15:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.