Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

when is Hoi An good for travel again

• niamhtt

Joined Travelfish
    19th November, 2007

I am planning to visit Vietnam in Dec, and Hoi An about 20th Dec. Is the flooding and severe weather likely to have passed by this time.

#1 Posted: 27/11/2007 - 13:29

• Advertisement

• yoshemo

Joined Travelfish
    21st November, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

i'm heading there on an overnight bus tom night, but i talked to some older german couples who said that it was fine (they couldn't completely understand what i was asking, but they definitely said that the water was out of the street, meaning the flooding is under control). i have no idea what to expect, but the typhoon that is currently on is headed east...in nha trang today and it's been perfect weather! will let you know how hoi an is once i get there. enjoy vietnam, it's great!

#2 Posted: 27/11/2007 - 15:42

• michien

Joined Travelfish
    1st November, 2007

The weather in Hoi an will be good by then. The floods come every year, though this year was worse than most. It doesn't take long to get everything back to normal.

#3 Posted: 30/11/2007 - 09:38

• yoshemo

Joined Travelfish
    21st November, 2007

hoi an is beautiful...rained a bit today, but nothing major. yesterday was perfectly sunny. great town...enjoy!

#4 Posted: 30/11/2007 - 14:15

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Both Hoi An and Hue are clear of standing water in the streets.

There is some flooding in the lands between the towns but nothing to slow those crazy OpenTour bus drivers.

If you head out for Cua Dai beach (near Hoi An) remember:
    (1) There are dangerous whirlpools that are signalled by red flags in the area towards the Victoria and Golden Sand Resort hotels;

(2) There is a parking scam operating just after you cross the hump back bridge, by the Post Office. You can avoid a confrontation by yelling out VICTORIA! and cycling on or just simply tell the guy dressed in a khaki outfit and carrying an old red and white stick.

Fall for this and you will end up paying VND10,000 for bicycle parking and much more for a motorcycle.

#5 Posted: 1/12/2007 - 03:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.