Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Halong Midrange Tour - Saigon Cafe Tours?

• jappelman

Joined Travelfish
    2nd October, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Posted from within Vietnam.

I'm going to be in Hanoi in a few days and would like to set up a midrange Halong Bay tour through Saigon Cafe Tours (listed on the "Ha Long Bay for Flashpackers" feature article), but can't find any reference to them in guidebooks, on the internet, etc.

Can anyone point me the right way?

Also, how far in advance is it necessary to set up a tour?

For example, can I arrive in Hanoi Tuesday night, stop by the tour company Wednesday morning, and sign up for a tour that leaves Thursday?

#1 Posted: 1/12/2007 - 13:23

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi jappelman,

I don't have their contact details handy, but yes, you shouldn't have any problems showing up and booking a tour for departure the next day.

I'll see if I can dig out their details and will post back.

#2 Posted: 1/12/2007 - 13:51

• Marilyn

Joined Travelfish
    1st December, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

We did 2 days cruise with Santa Maria – Columbus Travel (boat owner) in the end of this August, absolutely love it. Comfortable bus to the harbor – more space to stretch you legs. Beautiful junk, great service & plenty of delicious seafood.

Aboard cabins are decked out in luxurious wooden fixtures with private ensuite bathroom, and great sight looking out at the bay from the comfortable beds.

Our guide spoke great English who explained Vietnamese culture, traditions interacted with local fisherman on our behalf.

Highly recommend !

www.columbuscruise.com

#3 Posted: 1/12/2007 - 18:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Avoid The Real Kangaroo Cafe Halong Bay Tours ... By Loulou96 on 28 May 2013 11 4847 27 Jun 2014
Saigon Cafe Tours ... By rdr100 on 27 Feb 2007 1 5878 5 Mar 2007
Halong Bay tour with Sihn Cafe ... By rmena21 on 23 Jul 2009 6 3591 29 Jul 2009
about Sinh cafe tours and tours in Sapa ... By laus on 19 Feb 2010 3 4207 21 Feb 2010
Another Halong Bay question... Trekking Travel or Sinh Cafe (South Pacific) ... By nzchanty on 5 Mar 2008 13 8572 7 Jan 2010