Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Cheap flight from HCMC to BKK?

• poisonid

Joined Travelfish
    19th September, 2007

I`ve been looking around for cheap flights from HCMC to BKK, as I understand there are certain lowfare airlines also operating this route. I found a several old thread on this forum, but does anyone have updated information?

#1 Posted: 2/12/2007 - 18:02

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

As far as I know, Vietnam's Pacific Airlines is still the cheapest operator on that route.

#2 Posted: 3/12/2007 - 11:49

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

One web site you could check is < http://www.airninja.com/index.htm > which shows you flights in the Indochina area - without bias (as is often the case with Travelocity, Expedia, etc who make money by selling unsold seats on strange routings).

Check out the cost of flights to Bangkok from HCMC VIA Kuala Lumpur OR Singapore.

Remember that discount carriers usually restrict your baggage weights.

HCMC is becoming an extremely busy airport with some carriers using 2-engined 777 aircraft to handle to loads.

Pacific Airlines, a VietNam carrier, codeshares HCMC >> Bangkok flights AND ALSO BE AWARE of flight reservation conditions - they are not standard.

#3 Posted: 5/12/2007 - 17:29

• chrisa77

Joined Travelfish
    23rd August, 2007

My husband and I booked through Pacific Airlines (http://www.pacificairlines.com.vn/Search.aspx?Culture=en-US) and paid about $550 usd total for the two of us. This was significantly cheaper than Vietnam Airlines which was charging about $400 pp.

#4 Posted: 6/12/2007 - 22:14

• chrisa77

Joined Travelfish
    23rd August, 2007

My husband and I booked through Pacific Airlines (http://www.pacificairlines.com.vn/Search.aspx?Culture=en-US) and paid about $550 usd total for the two of us. This was significantly cheaper than Vietnam Airlines which was charging about $400 pp.

#5 Posted: 6/12/2007 - 22:15

• milou13

Joined Travelfish
    8th December, 2007
    Total reviews: 8

I flew this route weeks ago on Bangkok airways and payed $111,- including tas. Without tax it was $80
    So check the Bangkok Airways website. It helps if you are flexible and not focussed on a specific day. The flight was at night, around 8 pm. Check your email before you leave for the airport. If there is a long delay they will notify you through your email.
    Good luck!

#6 Posted: 8/12/2007 - 22:54

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.