Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

iViVu Air Ticket Deliveries

• ozscott

Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2007

Folks,

I have pre-booked my flight from Saigon to Da Nang with Pacific Airlines onlines (no problems here!) and now want to pre-book my flight from Hue to Hanoi scheduled for next March...

I have read many good threads which identify iViVu as being a good in-country travel agent to utilise for booking flights with Vietnam Airlines, but need to assure myself that there ticket delivery service is also reliable!

Once I have pre-booked (and paid) for my tickets from Hue to Hanoi with iViVu, can I depend on iViVu to deliver the tickets on the day I specify to a hotel I specify in Saigon (Indochine Hotel - 40 Hai Ba Trung St District 1)?

Your comments on the reliability of iViVu's ticket delivery service will be appreciated.

PS: any comments on the quality/location of the Indochine Hotel?

Thanks heaps in advance...
    OzScott

#1 Posted: 10/12/2007 - 12:36

• Advertisement

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

I wouldn't even bother booking the Hue / Ha Noi flight as there are several flights each day.

Buying tickets through an Agency costs you - VietNam and Pacific Airlines sell tickets direct and more cheaply.

You will also incur a USD$7.50 mini-bus fare to Hue's airport (about 15 miles south of the city) and between USD$2 (bus to Ha Noi city centre) or USD$5-10 by cab.

When you arrive at Ha Noi airport tell NO ONE which hotel you are going to - just say HOAN KIEM LAKE. This will avoid getting involved in the hotel switch scam.

If you do have a hotel ONLY tell the driver AFTER you have crossed the Red River into the city. Only accept claims of 'full hotels' in person at reception.

Did you mean the Indochina Hotel in the Old Quarter of Ha Noi?

If you are asking about the Indochine Hotel in HCMC (also signed as Dong Duong) you should check their web site for an accurate rendition of the property.

You will enjoy your stay, without doubt, but the road noise on Hai Ba Trung Street coupled with 24-hour noise from construction behind, in front of and to one side of the hotel will drive you to distraction! Bring ear plugs.

#2 Posted: 10/12/2007 - 21:59

• mmoses

Joined Travelfish
    20th January, 2006

Posted from within Vietnam.

March is high season for travel in Vietnam, and while there are a few flights a day to Hue, I think definitely a good idea to book in advance, especially if you want to go on a specific day/flight. Likewise, overnight sleeper trains to Hue get booked up weeks/months in advance.

Vietnam Airlines is increasingly offering e-tickets so you could check to see if you can get an e-ticket for the Hue - Hanoi routing (from iViVu or another agent, not from Vietnam Airlines since they don't offer directly to customers online). If not, it's fine to schedule for deliver later with iViVu. If there is a problem with delivery to your hotel, which there should not be, you can always call the office in Saigon after you arrive to confirm and schedule.

Also, I wouldn't worry quite so much about the taxi scam. While this does happen in Vietnam more than it should, just insist that your taxi take you to the hotel that you actually booked (and be careful to check not one with a similar name). If there is a problem, just make a point of writing down the driver's name and ID number with a polite threat to report him (or better yet, actually do call his taxi company and report him!).

#3 Posted: 19/12/2007 - 10:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
www.ivivu.com broken... temporarily www.ivivu.info ... By smokesthecat on 3 Aug 2008 0 1524 3 Aug 2008