Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Vietnam Travels

• danielr

Joined Travelfish
    11th December, 2007

Hi,

We are a group of 5 19 year olds travelling to Vietnam from 8th - 18th of January 2008.

we have arrive at Hanoi on the 8th and are looking to do a 3 day 2 night cruise in Halong Bay,

after that we wish to travel down to Nha Trang for a three day party boat tour.

then finally spend the remaining time in Ho Chi Minh, and catch a plane back to Bangkok to travel to Ko Samui for the full moon party.

at the moment we only have the restrictions of 8th we fly in, and need to be back in Bangkok on the 18th cause we have a 6am flight on the 19th.

Just wondering what are our best options for travel between these cities and how much it will cost. etc.

I don't think we have planned this out,

i was thinking that with out limited travel time we can maybe only go to Hanoi and Nha Trang.

#1 Posted: 11/12/2007 - 08:46

• Advertisement

• jimsparadise

Joined Travelfish
    25th November, 2006

I would use Pacific Airlines while in Vietnam--very cheap and flies to the 3 locations you mentioned. The more expensive flight is HCMC to Bangkok--try Pacific, Vietnam airlines, Bangkok air and Thai Air. Unfortunately, the really cheap airline, Air Asia, doesn't do that route--does Hanoi--BKK only. Use Bangkok Air for BKK-Samui--earliest and latest flights are the cheapest--like 6am and 10pm. Full Moon Party is not on Samui--can take a evening boat from there that returns you in AM. Lamai Beach in Samui--central section is my recommendation--I will be there during that time--be glad to show you all around, ie: $3 massage place, best beach bars, late night clubs to hit. Email is jimsparadisenow@yahoo.com--we can meet at Chillin' Beach Bar--check it out on Samuitv.com--along with all other videos. I'd love to join ya for Full Moon Party also.
    Return flight to BKK--take late one and just hang at airport for your AM flight OR spend a night at Khao San Rd area--fun place that all must experience. Got good suggestions for Guesthouses as well, as does this site. If get to Chillin', ask for Jim from California--good luck, Jim

#2 Posted: 11/12/2007 - 20:09

• danielr

Joined Travelfish
    11th December, 2007

that is great advice thank you.

i might email you our itineray and see if you can offer any advice.

thanks for your help.

#3 Posted: 12/12/2007 - 04:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.