Vietnam forum

TNK-TRAVEL anyone used them for pre booking flight,s

• easygoing

Joined Travelfish
    22nd May, 2006

Hello I made a mistike I think
    I contacted TNK-TRAVEL.VN
    and asked them to pre book 3 flight,s for me
    I was asked to attach photo copy of my passport and photo copy of my credit card for authorazation to make payment,s this I foolishly have done , and since doing this the email me saying attachment,s not received
    Has anyone had any dealing,s with this company
    if so what was the outcome
    Thank,s for your help
    Paul

#1 Posted: 17/12/2007 - 20:22

• Advertisement

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

I always wonder why people ask AFTER they have made the booking!

First of all credit card companies tell users NOT to copy the back or front of their card to anyone because of FRAUD!

The difference between you supplying these images and just providing the same information by e-mail (i.e. NO images) is that with images a dishonest company can claim you were CP - Card Present; whereas with just text information the transaction becomes a CNP - Card Not Present.

The difference is when you file a claim for some trouble CNP transactions get a more sympathetic processing than a CP where it is assumed you were there and able to prevent a problem.

So please, help the card issuers protect you by NOT copying/faxing images of your card.

The passport is understandable - they want to make sure your name is exactly the same as they book the ticket under as they will be giving you an E-ticket ... issued by the airline, something you could have done yourself!

As for TNK, bad news. Both their HCMC and Ha Noi offices have been the subject of many complaints in VietNam chat rooms - their Hoi An office fares better.

You should have simply booked your internal flights directly through either an e-mail or telephone call. You can also book flights through travel agents in overseas countries.

#2 Posted: 18/12/2007 - 00:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Booking flight to Phu Quoc ... By chrisa77 on 30 Oct 2007 7 3987 21 Nov 2007
Booking flight in LP to go to Hanoi? ... By blackpepper14 on 14 Dec 2009 0 1462 14 Dec 2009
Booking a flight from Vientiane to Hanoi ... By andrew951 on 31 Jul 2008 1 2082 4 Aug 2008
Booking flight Hanoi-Bangkok ... By Ronald on 4 Dec 2011 4 2067 11 Dec 2011