Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

TNK-TRAVEL anyone used them for pre booking flight,s

Posted by easygoing on 17/12/2007 at 20:22

Hello I made a mistike I think
I contacted TNK-TRAVEL.VN
and asked them to pre book 3 flight,s for me
I was asked to attach photo copy of my passport and photo copy of my credit card for authorazation to make payment,s this I foolishly have done , and since doing this the email me saying attachment,s not received
Has anyone had any dealing,s with this company
if so what was the outcome
Thank,s for your help
Paul

#1 easygoing has been a member since 22/5/2006. Posts: 8

Posted by CatBa on 18/12/2007 at 00:57

Posted from within Vietnam.

I always wonder why people ask AFTER they have made the booking!

First of all credit card companies tell users NOT to copy the back or front of their card to anyone because of FRAUD!

The difference between you supplying these images and just providing the same information by e-mail (i.e. NO images) is that with images a dishonest company can claim you were CP - Card Present; whereas with just text information the transaction becomes a CNP - Card Not Present.

The difference is when you file a claim for some trouble CNP transactions get a more sympathetic processing than a CP where it is assumed you were there and able to prevent a problem.

So please, help the card issuers protect you by NOT copying/faxing images of your card.

The passport is understandable - they want to make sure your name is exactly the same as they book the ticket under as they will be giving you an E-ticket ... issued by the airline, something you could have done yourself!

As for TNK, bad news. Both their HCMC and Ha Noi offices have been the subject of many complaints in VietNam chat rooms - their Hoi An office fares better.

You should have simply booked your internal flights directly through either an e-mail or telephone call. You can also book flights through travel agents in overseas countries.

#2 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.