Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Feb/March - South to North best way to go?

Posted by sackonmyback on 18/12/2007 at 10:44

Hi guys,
My partner and I are looking at spending 3 weeks in Vietnam from about 24th Feb - 15th March. Trying to decide whether we go South to North or vice versa - just thinking weather wise. We defintely want to "beach it" as well if you have any must do's. Any suggestions? Appreciate your help.

#1 sackonmyback has been a member since 21/7/2006. Posts: 19

Posted by CatBa on 18/12/2007 at 20:01

Posted from within Vietnam.

t one time the traffic was definitely south to north which caused transportation charges to be lower heading south.

These days have no gone so practicality wins.

I find it easier, as someone who travels the length of VietNam in both directions constantly, to adjust to the temperature increases if you start in the north, where the climate is more temperate.

At your time of travel the southern temps will be in the 30-35 C range.

You should buy an OpenJaw air ticket (easiest through a travel agent) that allows you to fly into Ha Noi and exit through HCMC. Watch out for the hotel scammers in Ha Noi's airport - use a USD$2 VietNam Airlines shuttle bus to downtown (Hoan Kiem Lake).

#2 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Posted by sackonmyback on 19/12/2007 at 10:01

Thanks heaps Catba - we want to end with a trip to Phu Quoc so we will go North - South. Hopefully we will get lots of sunshine! :)

#3 sackonmyback has been a member since 21/7/2006. Posts: 19

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.