Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Feb/March - South to North best way to go?

• sackonmyback

Joined Travelfish
    21st July, 2006

Hi guys,
    My partner and I are looking at spending 3 weeks in Vietnam from about 24th Feb - 15th March. Trying to decide whether we go South to North or vice versa - just thinking weather wise. We defintely want to "beach it" as well if you have any must do's. Any suggestions? Appreciate your help.

#1 Posted: 18/12/2007 - 10:44

• Advertisement

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

t one time the traffic was definitely south to north which caused transportation charges to be lower heading south.

These days have no gone so practicality wins.

I find it easier, as someone who travels the length of VietNam in both directions constantly, to adjust to the temperature increases if you start in the north, where the climate is more temperate.

At your time of travel the southern temps will be in the 30-35 C range.

You should buy an OpenJaw air ticket (easiest through a travel agent) that allows you to fly into Ha Noi and exit through HCMC. Watch out for the hotel scammers in Ha Noi's airport - use a USD$2 VietNam Airlines shuttle bus to downtown (Hoan Kiem Lake).

#2 Posted: 18/12/2007 - 20:01

• sackonmyback

Joined Travelfish
    21st July, 2006

Thanks heaps Catba - we want to end with a trip to Phu Quoc so we will go North - South. Hopefully we will get lots of sunshine! :)

#3 Posted: 19/12/2007 - 10:01

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
2 weeks in Thailand in MARCH - 1 wk north and 1 south! Where to go? Help! Leaving in 3 weeks! ... By oberik on 22 Feb 2011 12 5357 28 Feb 2011