Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Taxi's in VietNam - Getting Simpler, Soon

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

Many visitors to VietNam have been either overcharged or suffered from the hotel switch scam, particularly in Ha Noi, and I have always recommended that people minimise the risk by using DeLuxe, VN or Mai Linh.

Whilst poking around in an obscure corner of HCMC earlier this week I saw a mass of taxis parked in a lot getting an open air paint job.

Mai Linh is now folding its 13 taxi companies into one name - Mai Linh taxi. The new fleet takes to the road next week in time for the Tet festival.

This applies to all cities in VietNam.

Coming in the near future is a national 800 (free) number so you will never be stuck for change whether you are looking for a cab in Hai Phong, Ha Noi or Phan Thiet (or Buon Ma Thuot).

And if you think that Mai Linh is not serious about driver activities, one was fired this week for leaving the scene of a personal injury accident.

(I also learned that the new ML OpenTour bus between HCMC and Ha Noi is scheduled for start-up after the Tet break. Stay tuned to Travelfish for more news)

P.S. This is not a press release - just talkative employees.

#1 Posted: 17/1/2008 - 22:59

• Advertisement

• FonBangkok

Joined Travelfish
    15th January, 2008

Hi Tuk Tuk Driver,

Do you have updated information of Mai Linh open tour bus? We might need it instead of train.

We plan to travel by train from Hanoi to Hue on 21 Feb and Hoi An back to Hanoi on 27 Feb. We will land in Hanoi on Feb 17 and will directly come to the train station to buy the tickets. But we heard from out tour agent that the tickets might be sold out.

If Mai Linh bus tour is not available, what else do you suggest?

Appreciate your information.

#2 Posted: 8/2/2008 - 09:31

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

FonBangkok:
    Read my reply to your question in your other post.

#3 Posted: 8/2/2008 - 14:17

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.