Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Mui Ne beach

• tblais

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2006

We spent a week at Mui Ne in February 2007. We will be there again the first week of March 2008. Just wondering can anyone tell me if there's been much beach erosion. We're trying to decide whether to stay at Bamboo Village Resort or Blue Ocean Resort. Can anyone out there comment on either place. Thanks.

#1 Posted: 27/1/2008 - 14:49

• Advertisement

• Manticore

Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2006
    Total reviews: 3

You must have been there the same time I was!

I wouldnt worry about making your decision until you get there again. Just walk into those places and check out the rooms and waterfront for yourself and decide then.

#2 Posted: 27/1/2008 - 15:04

• tomb680

Joined Travelfish
    22nd August, 2007

Well, seems I was having a seniors moment - we were there Feb 2006 - time flies. Thanks for the suggestion. We had sort of thought along those lines but I think we're going to book on the net ahead of time. There are a couple of schedules to meet so I'd like the timing to be spot on.

#3 Posted: 30/1/2008 - 22:27

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

I drove through MN last month and there seemed to be plenty of waterside sand.

You should enjoy the 'old' Mui Ne whilst you can as a Korean hotel / resort outfit has signed an agreement with the province to build some sort of entertainment centre, complete with dune buggies and other wheeled things along with yet another golf course, ON the sands as well as building accommodation that 'protrudes' (their words) into the sea.

Soon VietNam will look like any other destination and its unique features will disappear under Disney-like attractions.

VNAT should realise that money isn't the answer to everything.

#4 Posted: 7/3/2008 - 17:36

• ajinasia

Joined Travelfish
    8th January, 2008

I spent the last 3 days in Mui Ne, and walked up and down the beach a few times. Hotels / resorts south (west?) of Fly/Ozone kite surfing school have an actual waterfront with a beach. I stayed at Bao Tran (further up towards the fishing village) where there were beach chairs, but no actual beach to speak of. From what I understand, though, the price for beachfront rooms these days start at $30 or $40; apparently it's still high season. And yes, there's lots of construction going on!

#5 Posted: 8/3/2008 - 17:54

• longleat

Joined Travelfish
    12th October, 2006

We stayed in Mui Ne two years ago and really, really enjoyed it. However, we were quite limited in where we could go for dinner. Some recommended restaurants were a few miles away. Any suggestions on how to get around in the evening that is not too expensive? Many thanks!

#6 Posted: 9/3/2008 - 04:38

• ajinasia

Joined Travelfish
    8th January, 2008

I ate at a restaurant across from the beach-side, somwhere near the Sinh Cafe (open-tour bus booking) office. I can't recall the name, but you can see the diners from the road, it's up a few stairs and it looks like a relatively classy place. I had a delicious chicken curry.

Otherwise, I usually prefer eating at local stalls - but I didn't see many in town.

#7 Posted: 10/3/2008 - 20:01

• MrMuiNecom

Joined Travelfish
    11th March, 2008
    Location United States

MrMuiNe.com

Really enjoyed my stay at Vietnam-Austria House and Mr. Thinh, Mgr. We had breakfast one morning and discussed the "American War" and how he met the Austrian who he helped build a new home in Mui Ne, introduced him to Kim Hong who he married. Built probably the first guesthouse on the Strand and left his legacy too early. He would have been impressed with how the growth of the area has not taken away its charm. Will always be my first and favorite place on the Vietnam coast. Cheers to you Mr. Thinh! See you later in '08. Ken MrMuiNe.com

#8 Posted: 11/3/2008 - 10:41

• tblais

Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2006

Thanks to everyone that responded to my question. We did book at the Bamboo Village Resort on Agoda before we left Thailand for a week in March. Good thing too as a lot of places were fully booked. And ajinasia was correct about the beach south of the kite school. I was amazed. For us it was worth it to pay extra to have that beach front. As for restaurants - there are so many at this end of the beach that you could spend a couple of weeks and not hit them all. Bamboo village was absolutely lovely. We'd definitely stay there again although you do have to get up at 6:00AM if you want to get loungers with umbrellas on the beach!!

#9 Posted: 27/3/2008 - 00:46

• allen_moret-
    sky

Joined Travelfish
    14th February, 2008

I stayed in Mui Ne last week. I rented a bike one day and followed the beach north as far as I could go. At the end of the road, the main road forks and heads left while there is another leg of road that hugs the shore and finally dead ends. I was amazed by this area. Pristine and puts the Mui Ne beach to shame as it is far cleaner, both the sand and the water. They are just starting to build more resorts in this area up to the dead end. I did check on prices and found one place that quoted me an $8/room price, but there are few restaurants in the area, but the beach itself is well worth the sacrifice of hunting around for food.

#10 Posted: 27/3/2008 - 09:15

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.