Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Vietnam Weekend - Must see?

• svcjenkins

Joined Travelfish
    19th February, 2008

Hi,

I am planning a few days in Vietnam but not sure what the best place to see is as I have heard mixed reviews. Can anyone recommend?

Thanks
    Sophie

#1 Posted: 19/2/2008 - 21:33

• Advertisement

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

Difficult to make suggestions as you haven't indicated either the number of days or your interests.

Ha Noi has, generally, more interesting *cultural* things to see - the city is naturally divided into different sections which are each easy to visit.

There are also the craft villages in the greater Ha Noi region, all very accessible on day trips.

#2 Posted: 20/2/2008 - 20:52

• aslocran

Joined Travelfish
    6th January, 2008

Posted from within Vietnam.

You are going to have a ball. The country is larger than you will imagine so consider weather before you book your trip. Right now the north is very cold and places like Sapa and Halong bay are chilly to say the least. That HUGE storm in China screwed up the local weather paterns and things are definitely not normal. So consider starting your trip in the south. Phu Quac island is pleasant with many nice beachs and a relaxed atmosphere. Then move up country through the Mekong delta and on to HCMC. Lots of sights and not to be missed. Dalat, Nha Trang, Hoi An all deserve a visit and Hoi An is a World Heritage Old Town that is one of the prettier places you will visit in the country. If you just have a few days, (3) that is really going to leave you with not enough time. So decide if you want to party or to relax and head for Saigon for the party or Hoi An to relax. Up to you but I gaurantee you will have a good time. either one.

#3 Posted: 21/2/2008 - 13:39

• Ashe88

Joined Travelfish
    19th November, 2007

In a nutshell my recommendation is Hoi An, I felt a little disappointed by the rest of the country (sounds terrible, I know!) but Hoi An felt almost magical to me! Hiring a bike for the day there was one my best memories. Although you have to fly into Da Nang airport and drive to Hoi An...

#4 Posted: 11/3/2008 - 18:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.