Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Anybody know accomodation at Dong Da District Hanoi

• doraemon

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2008

I appreciate if anybody can advise me on the hotel/guest house at Dong Da District.
    I ve booked a ticket from Hanoi to Nanning on 29th March. I planned to stay at Dong Da area the night before so that I can easily get to Kim Lien Hotel to collect my ticket and catch the bus at 7.30am. There is a list of hotel names at Hoan Kiem District but not Dong Da District. And what is the distance between these two places?

TQ!

#1 Posted: 5/3/2008 - 19:07

• Advertisement

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

The Old Quarter isn't that far from the Kim Lien Hotel pick-up point.

It usually costs around US$5 or so. MAKE SURE YOU USE A HONEST TAXI COMPANY like Mai Linh - taxis with meters NOT mounted on the window dash are the most likely to rip you off.

Chinese Embassy from Old Quarter is around VND30,000.

The travel agency in the Kim Lien Hotel only opens at 07.30H - the buses actually leave at 08.30H.

What is your budget for a hotel?

#2 Posted: 5/3/2008 - 23:43

• doraemon

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2008

Thanks Catba for your useful info! I will check the Old Quarter out.

Is there any cheap hotels nearby Kim Lien hotel within walking distance. I am not really sure of the location of Kim Lien Hotel. I guess this Dong Da district most probably a housing area? From the map I didnt see much info beside roads name.

My budget is around USD15-20. I hope to stay at a place where I can easily access to eating place as well (for my dinner).

Thanks once again!

#3 Posted: 6/3/2008 - 08:16

• doraemon

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2008

Hi

Looks like not easy to find cheap accomodation at Dong Da.

May be Stars Hotel/Price I hotel are the good ones? (cheap & good location). The distance from Old Quarter to Kim Lien will takes about 30 minutes? Means latest by 7.00am I ve to get on to a taxi, So that I can reach Kim Lien by 7.30am to pick up my ticket. Is it easy to cater a taxi early in the morning? Is the traffic smooth?

TQ!

#4 Posted: 6/3/2008 - 10:26

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Your budget allowance practically precludes the Dong Da area which is not as traveller friendly as the Hoan Kiem area.

The hotels in the Old Quarter tend to be older and therefore cheaper. AVOID the Ha Noi Blue Sky!

There are other, nicer, properties in the southern Hoan Kiem area - this web site has a sampling of hotels that you might find useful.

Remember to NEVER assume that the quoted hotel price INCLUDES either the VAT (tax) or Service charges - continuing general price increases seems to be forcing hoteliers to become more creative and less forthcoming - until you get the bill!

As for your stay, I recommend that you pay your hotel bill the evening before your departure and that you have your PASSPORT in your POSSESSION when you go to sleep to avoid checkout delays.

#5 Posted: 6/3/2008 - 11:37

• doraemon

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2008

Thanks for you message

At which part is Tam Thuong Street located at Hoan Kiem? is it near to Hoan Kiem Lake? Is it easy to get a taxi from this area early in the morning (6.50am-7.00am)

If there is no airport transfer arrangement made with the hotel, how much does it cost to get a taxi directly from airport to Hoan Kiem?

Thanks!

#6 Posted: 6/3/2008 - 20:07

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Sorry for not responding earlier - been out in the bush country again.

Airport >> Ha Noi is USD$2 by VietNam Airlines shuttle - every 20 minutes.

Taxi is USD10 MAX - do **NOT** give the driver any hotel name - just say Hoan Kiem Lake and if you do have a hotel, do not tell the driver until you cross over the bridge into the city - this will avoid the hotel switch scam.

Never take "hotel full" from ANYONE other than the hotels front desk!

#7 Posted: 11/3/2008 - 21:34

• doraemon

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2008

Hi Catba

Thanks a lot for your time and kind assistance in replying all my enquiries!

Regards

#8 Posted: 20/3/2008 - 13:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Hanoi - Dong Hoi /// Dong Hoi - HCMC ... By peterpan on 4 Feb 2009 1 3456 9 Feb 2009
how far from Hanoi Airport to Hoan Kiem district? ... By Manticore on 13 Nov 2006 8 6774 29 Nov 2006