Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Hoi An & Hanoi guesthouse / hotel?

• ajinasia

Joined Travelfish
    8th January, 2008

Posted from within Vietnam.

Can anyone recommend a reasonable, CLEAN, and friendly GH / hotel in both Hoi An and Hanoi? I also prefer to be off the main backpacker grid if possible, something with a bit o' character?!

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 10/3/2008 - 20:03

• Advertisement

• Ashe88

Joined Travelfish
    19th November, 2007

I didn't get to stay off the beaten track (did a tour) but I staying in the Vinh Hung River Resort in Hoi An and it was beautiful and walking/bike distance to everything. Stayed at the Hong Ngoc 23 in Hanoi, its a special hotel because it's in the old style of building (narrow & long); both had free internet.

#2 Posted: 11/3/2008 - 17:49

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Try getting a guesthouse out at Cua Dai Beach - the beach for Hoi An. Great food and good, clean open beaches.

Ha Noi is full of hotel traps. Avoid Ha Noi Blue Sky and Lucky Eden or ANYTHING within 2 or three numbers of 35A Quan Thanh (hotel uses multiple names).

#3 Posted: 11/3/2008 - 21:24

• ajinasia

Joined Travelfish
    8th January, 2008

Thanks for your suggestions!

I've already heard about avoiding the Blue Sky, seems like it's made quite the (bad) impression.

I'm going to cycle out to Cua Dai tomorrow and check out the guesthouses there too. Meanwhile, I've booked into the Minh A GH in the Old Town, right across the street from the market.

#4 Posted: 12/3/2008 - 16:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.