Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Mien Dong Bus Station in Ho Chi Minh (Saigon)

• allen_moret-
    sky

Joined Travelfish
    14th February, 2008

Posted from within Vietnam.

I have been successful in finding reasonable bus prices out of the Mien Dong Bus station in Siagon. I have also been pleased to be able to find a couple of hotels for less then $8 which rivals the Pham Ngu Lao backpacker area prices. I also like the Mien Dong area for its reasonable prices for food and for being able to get the more reasonable "Vietnamese" price fo things in general. Not so many foreigners in the Mien Dong area which I like as I feel that I am being treated a bit better here then in Pham Ngu Lao.

#1 Posted: 23/3/2008 - 09:38

• Advertisement

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

You say: "I feel that I am being treated a bit better here then in Pham Ngu Lao."

PNL is NOT HCMC, it is an area that caters to one class of (primarily) economy Travellers and is, IMHO, in reality, an overcrowded slum.

There are other areas with low priced guest houses that are far superior environmentally than PNL. One is located behind 7 Le Thanh Ton, another is located on the northern edge of District 1 in the Nguyen Binh Khiem Street area. Look also at the top end of Hai Ba Trung in the District 3 part.

#2 Posted: 23/3/2008 - 10:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Local Bus from Mui Ne to Ho Chi Minh (Saigon) and staying near Mien Dong ... By allen_moretsky on 23 Mar 2008 2 4859 27 Mar 2008