Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Cheap Flights from Bangkok to Hanoi?

• anmi212

Joined Travelfish
    16th October, 2007

Hi everyone--

A friend and I are planning on going from Bangkok to Hanoi next month and I was wondering if anyone knows the average price for flights? We've been looking them up online and the lowest price we've found has been about $300USD. Was wondering if it's cheaper just to wait until we get to Bangkok to book? Or if anyone knows of any discount air carriers that fly from Bangkok to Hanoi that we could book online ahead of time?

Thanks for the help
    -A

#1 Posted: 26/3/2008 - 21:27

• Advertisement

• natwest

Joined Travelfish
    6th March, 2008
    Location China

Air Asia is your saviour. It always have promotions coming out, but mostly Thai doemstic flights, and sometimes intl flights.
    U could try Nok Air and a few Thai non-full cost airlines as an alternative (as opposed to Thai Airways). Vietnam has no budget airline as of now.

$300 I think is still too expensive. Are u talking about one way or rtn?

I think online ticketing is already the cheapest. However u could also bet ur luck in Bangkok to see whether u could get some last min. bargain, but very risky if u r inflexible. I recommend u stick with the few budget airlines, it's really convenient.

#2 Posted: 26/3/2008 - 23:06

• KPTham1

Joined Travelfish
    26th September, 2006

After BKK/Hanoi where would you go ? Pl check out Asean Air Pass for 3 international coupons at $399( Thai Air ) or Discovery Air Pass ( Bangkok Airways ) at $100 per international pass or Loas Airways's excursion pass for BKK/Vientiane/Hanoi for less than $ 200.

#3 Posted: 27/3/2008 - 01:32

• relf

Joined Travelfish
    27th March, 2008

hey,

i just booked a one-way ticket from HAN to BKK for $59 USD ($14 fare + taxes) with air asia...cheap!

#4 Posted: 15/4/2008 - 20:43

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Cheap flights from Bangkok to Hanoi??? ... By anmi212 on 26 Mar 2008 1 2485 1 May 2008
cheap flights from ho chi minh to bangkok ... By Kirsche on 24 Mar 2006 0 1881 24 Mar 2006
Cheap flights with Bangkok Airways ... By DLuek on 21 Apr 2013 2 1628 21 Apr 2013
Cheap flight from Bangkok to Hanoi for offer! ... By raphicgn on 15 Aug 2010 0 2586 15 Aug 2010