Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

Ha Long Bay... Ocean Tours, Fanispan or Et Pumpkin

Posted by funkfaerie on 5/4/2008 at 22:24

Sorry, I know this question is overdone, but I need a little help choosing between some tour operators...

My boyfriend and I want to do a 3day/2night tour, with kayaking, price range up to $180pp (only for a very nice boat/trustworthy tour). Is it possible to get a double bed/private room?

Not sure if I should book online or book when I get to Vietnam, since I want to take the tour the day after arrival.

At the moment i'm looking between Ocean Tours, Fanispan and Et Pumpkin, but i'm very open to suggestions if anyone has good recommendations.

#1 funkfaerie has been a member since 21/2/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by CatBa on 5/4/2008 at 23:04

Posted from within Vietnam.

Fansipan aka Vega has a very checkered reputation (hence the name change). I, and many others, recommend AVOIDANCE of this agency.

Cabins (rooms on land) are generally doubles. Price is medium for type / length of tour.

CONFIRM you sleep on the boat all times; get a detailed itinerary; confirm boat owner/operator; what meals are included; is there a curfew (electricity turned off).

As for payment. I suggest you SEND DETAILS (**NO fAX**) (CNP transaction) and authorise payment of 10% ONLY with a promise to pay cash the day of arrival in Ha Noi). If they demand COPIES of CREDIT CARDS cancel deal - copies of credit cards can be used for fraud by claiming Card Present transaction).

Finally, get the Travel Agency Licence number before sending payment info.

#2 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.