Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

pacific airline booking stuff-up

• macman1945

Joined Travelfish
    11th October, 2007

After reading the forum I think I've made a big mistake. I failed to enter middle names of passengers for flight from h.m.c to haiphong. Can anybody tell what I can do to rectify this please.

#1 Posted: 12/4/2008 - 06:38

• Advertisement

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

Contact the Pacific Airlines office nearest you < http://www.pacificairlines.com.vn/ContactInfo.aspx >.

However, it might not be so serious as air tickets usually include Title/Surname/First Given so there is a good chance it won't matter.

If you paid by credit card this should assist you.

BTW, Pacific Airlines and its fuel supplier in VN have had a few disagreements over price and delays of 10-15 minutes have been experienced.

Apart from this, you should be happy with your choice of carrier.

#2 Posted: 12/4/2008 - 18:39

• macman1945

Joined Travelfish
    11th October, 2007

Thank you catba for your reply.

It was your entry in the vn forum that alerted me to getting passengers name exactly as in passport (alas too late).

Have tried e-mailing pacific at sales but no response. My concern is that there is only one flight a day and if we dont get on the plane because of this our ongoing bookings will suffer. Do you suggest ringing office in hmc (from australia) as I really need to sort it out?.

#3 Posted: 13/4/2008 - 04:38

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

I will call Pacific Airlines for you - it is 05.40H Sunday as I write this - later today and will post their reply.

I suggest you print out whatever you have and retain it for your check-in. Given the fact airlines are opening their systems to allow direct reservations they often show lenience.

They seem to get hung-up o incorrect sex, though, Mr/Mrs/Ms!

#4 Posted: 13/4/2008 - 05:51

• macman1945

Joined Travelfish
    11th October, 2007

Thank you very much for your assistance catba. You have no idea how much worry this has caused. Do you live on catba island? We are heading there on 4/6 and I would like to express my appreciation for your help.

#5 Posted: 13/4/2008 - 06:08

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

I contacted the local PA office and they said as long as you didn't use short names, i.e. Tom instead of Thomas or Liz instead of Elizabeth, you should have no problems.

They confirmed carrying the credit card used to purchase tickets will also help.

Main e-m contact is < support@pacificairlines.com.vn >.

Now I hope you can rest easy.

#6 Posted: 14/4/2008 - 13:30

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

MacMan:
    In response to your question about residence: I actually have a house and business in the Central Highlands but travel too frequently.

I spent a month in an inflatable with my wife and daughter in Ha long Bay and liked the rugged part of Cat Ba Island.

#7 Posted: 14/4/2008 - 13:32

• macman1945

Joined Travelfish
    11th October, 2007

Once again, thank you for your help. I feel heaps better now and will follow your advice. Sounds as though you lead a very busy life in vn and yes, I am jealous.Wont make the highlands this trip so guess I can't buy you a few beers. Thank you mate, I really appreciate the trouble youv'e gone to. Good luck for the future for you and your family.

#8 Posted: 14/4/2008 - 14:08

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Pacific Airlines booking help required ... By goldilocks on 18 May 2008 44 9821 5 Jul 2008
Pacific Airlines to become Jetstar Pacific ... By somtam2000 on 14 Apr 2008 2 3265 26 May 2008