Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

HCMC to Muine

• mabrock71

Joined Travelfish
    23rd April, 2008

Posted from within Vietnam.

I want to take a bus to muine from HCMC but don't want to take the 'open tour' buses. does anyone have any info on the buses from mien dong station. I want to go around midday is that possible?

#1 Posted: 23/4/2008 - 16:40

• Advertisement

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Very simple.

Mai Linh Express runs buses all over VietNam, new buses and their drivers even received special training.

Their number in HCMC is (0)-8-929-2929.

They have buses running up to Phan Thiet / Mui Ne hourly during the day. They also have pit stops and supply bottled water.

#2 Posted: 23/4/2008 - 17:06

• arlenealicia

Joined Travelfish
    23rd April, 2008

Hi,

Can i ask why you don't want to take an open tour bus? I was thinking of travelling fron HCMC to Mui ne
    on the open bus ticket - I'm not in Vietnam yet though so not sure what to expect.

#3 Posted: 25/4/2008 - 13:04

• arlenealicia

Joined Travelfish
    23rd April, 2008

Hi,

Can i ask why you don't want to take an open tour bus? I was thinking of travelling fron HCMC to Mui ne
    on the open bus ticket - I'm not in Vietnam yet though so not sure what to expect.

#4 Posted: 25/4/2008 - 13:06

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

The OP most likely knows / has heard of the poor reputation of most OpenTour operators in VietNam.

The term OpenTour is a generic term for buses that travel a given route - HCMC Ha Noi - and you are allowed to buy an end-to-end ticket get off and on wherever you choose. You should know your stopovers before buying your ticket as they issue coupons for each stop.

Re-booking is necessary 24 hours before continuing your journey. The worst bus lines swap you between different operators which varies the risk you are at.

NO OpenTour operator HAS PASSENGER INSURANCE!

The drivers are suicidal/homicidal maniacs, the equipment is poor and the tires often worn and cut.

Instead of listing the bad ones, here are two good ones. Mei Linh and Sinh.

Mei Linh has several day buses travelling to Phan Thiet/Mui Ne which allow you top see the countryside - after you have left HCMC/Bien Hoa. Mei Linh is on Hai Ba Trung and Lamson Square (near Caravelle - Park Hyatt hotels). Their telephone number is (08) 929-2929.

#5 Posted: 29/4/2008 - 09:34

• arlenealicia

Joined Travelfish
    23rd April, 2008

CatBa
    Thanks so much for you knowledge :)

#6 Posted: 2/5/2008 - 18:47

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

ArleneaAlicia:
    I misspelled MAI LINH. They have bus services end-to-end in VietNam - from the very south to Langson.

#7 Posted: 2/5/2008 - 19:46

• byrnoss

Joined Travelfish
    28th July, 2008

CatBA - I am in Mui Ne now and want to take a Mai Linh bus back to Saigon next week. Other than calling them on the phone, is there anyway to book a ticket from Mui Ne. None of the travel agents or hotels in town seem to have heard of them and I have only seen one Mai Linh bus drive past in the 2 weeks we have been here!

Any help and info about fare and timetables would be useful.
    Thanks

#8 Posted: 28/7/2008 - 13:09

• macman1945

Joined Travelfish
    11th October, 2007

Hi byrn,
    Sorry you will not recieve a reply from catba as he has been banned from the site. This is one more example stuart of people missing out on educated advice from a top bloke.

#9 Posted: 28/7/2008 - 15:21

• andrekull

Joined Travelfish
    23rd September, 2011

#10 Posted: 23/9/2011 - 17:53

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.