Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

HCMC to Muine

Posted by mabrock71 on 23/4/2008 at 16:40

Posted from within Vietnam.

I want to take a bus to muine from HCMC but don't want to take the 'open tour' buses. does anyone have any info on the buses from mien dong station. I want to go around midday is that possible?

#1 mabrock71 has been a member since 23/4/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by CatBa on 23/4/2008 at 17:06

Very simple.

Mai Linh Express runs buses all over VietNam, new buses and their drivers even received special training.

Their number in HCMC is (0)-8-929-2929.

They have buses running up to Phan Thiet / Mui Ne hourly during the day. They also have pit stops and supply bottled water.

#2 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Posted by arlenealicia on 25/4/2008 at 13:04

Hi,

Can i ask why you don't want to take an open tour bus? I was thinking of travelling fron HCMC to Mui ne
on the open bus ticket - I'm not in Vietnam yet though so not sure what to expect.

#3 arlenealicia has been a member since 23/4/2008. Posts: 3

Posted by arlenealicia on 25/4/2008 at 13:06

Hi,

Can i ask why you don't want to take an open tour bus? I was thinking of travelling fron HCMC to Mui ne
on the open bus ticket - I'm not in Vietnam yet though so not sure what to expect.

#4 arlenealicia has been a member since 23/4/2008. Posts: 3

Posted by CatBa on 29/4/2008 at 09:34

The OP most likely knows / has heard of the poor reputation of most OpenTour operators in VietNam.

The term OpenTour is a generic term for buses that travel a given route - HCMC Ha Noi - and you are allowed to buy an end-to-end ticket get off and on wherever you choose. You should know your stopovers before buying your ticket as they issue coupons for each stop.

Re-booking is necessary 24 hours before continuing your journey. The worst bus lines swap you between different operators which varies the risk you are at.

NO OpenTour operator HAS PASSENGER INSURANCE!

The drivers are suicidal/homicidal maniacs, the equipment is poor and the tires often worn and cut.

Instead of listing the bad ones, here are two good ones. Mei Linh and Sinh.

Mei Linh has several day buses travelling to Phan Thiet/Mui Ne which allow you top see the countryside - after you have left HCMC/Bien Hoa. Mei Linh is on Hai Ba Trung and Lamson Square (near Caravelle - Park Hyatt hotels). Their telephone number is (08) 929-2929.

#5 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Posted by arlenealicia on 2/5/2008 at 18:47

CatBa
Thanks so much for you knowledge :)

#6 arlenealicia has been a member since 23/4/2008. Posts: 3

Posted by CatBa on 2/5/2008 at 19:46

ArleneaAlicia:
I misspelled MAI LINH. They have bus services end-to-end in VietNam - from the very south to Langson.

#7 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Posted by byrnoss on 28/7/2008 at 13:09

CatBA - I am in Mui Ne now and want to take a Mai Linh bus back to Saigon next week. Other than calling them on the phone, is there anyway to book a ticket from Mui Ne. None of the travel agents or hotels in town seem to have heard of them and I have only seen one Mai Linh bus drive past in the 2 weeks we have been here!

Any help and info about fare and timetables would be useful.
Thanks

#8 byrnoss has been a member since 28/7/2008. Posts: 1

Posted by macman1945 on 28/7/2008 at 15:21

Hi byrn,
Sorry you will not recieve a reply from catba as he has been banned from the site. This is one more example stuart of people missing out on educated advice from a top bloke.

#9 macman1945 has been a member since 11/10/2007. Posts: 35

Posted by andrekull on 23/9/2011 at 17:53

Bus schedules please check http://liveinmuine.com/services/bus-schedules/

#10 andrekull has been a member since 23/9/2011. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.