Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

5star express

• goldilocks

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2008

I have been informed that 5 star express is now named Golden Trains.Has anyone got up to date information eg time table osts etc.Is the website changed.

#1 Posted: 25/4/2008 - 03:24

• Advertisement

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

Old question.

Have a look at: < http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/vietnam/3412_5-Star-Express-Train/0 >

This train is booked solid for the rest of this week - national holidays: End of American War and May Day followed by a long weekend!

#2 Posted: 29/4/2008 - 10:17

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Also the story on Vietnam's Rail system covers the 5-star service.

#3 Posted: 30/4/2008 - 05:57

• goldilocks

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2008

Have read the news 5* now Golden trains so would appreciate up to date information regarding this train service eg time table costs etc

#4 Posted: 1/5/2008 - 09:41

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

What part of < www.travelfish.org/board/post/vietnam/3412_5-Star-Express-Train/0 > don't you understand?

Prices are variable - at the present time they are high, next week will be cheaper - so when are you travelling. If you buy from a travel agent they will add a (large) 'service charge'.

It is USELESS to e-mail 5***, they are too busy too reply! (They also are making lots of money with busy trains).

#5 Posted: 1/5/2008 - 12:16

• goldilocks

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2008

CatbBa,
    Thankyou for your reply ."YES" I understood perfectly I have filled in the contact form and have posted 4 times over the last 2 weeks to be exact but still no reply???The date I wish to travel 11th August.We will arrive HCM 11AM 9th August do you think that is enough time to secure a sleeping berth On The 5*express.

#6 Posted: 2/5/2008 - 03:01

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

I told you they were bad at answering e-mails!

They have an office on Pham Ngu Lao Street (GPS: N10 46.066 E106 41.456) which is open everyday.

Since you are arriving on a Monday, which is less busy than the w/e on the trains, I would have your taxi drive you down there BEFORE checking in to a hotel to see if there is space on the evening train.

If you have to take the EARLY MORNING train I suggest you might want to stay nearer the rail station - which is in District 3.

Please note that whilst this train is more like those in Western countries there are many other options such as using a VietNam Railways train.

ALL trains run on a SINGLE TRACK so the privately owned 5-Star train is sandwiched in amongst all the other trains. VR actually owns the track and most of the rolling stock. They issue tickets at the railway stations.

#7 Posted: 2/5/2008 - 11:28

• goldilocks

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2008

CatBa,If you misread my message I actually arrive Saturday 9th August I wish to travel on 11th August at night as I have a hotel booked in Nha Trang for the 12thAug.Sounds as if will have enough time to secure a berth???? Thanks for your reply

#8 Posted: 2/5/2008 - 13:25

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Sorry about that. That means you have even more time to make the reservation.

Watch this post and I will (hopefully) get you a more responsive contact within 3 days. The PNL area is a little out of the way from where I am staying in HCMC.

Be patient, time runs much slower in VietNam!

#9 Posted: 2/5/2008 - 16:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.