Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

opening and closing times of ticket sales at HCMC station

• thegingerbi-
    rd

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2008

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone knew the times that the train ticket office was open at HCMC. Ive tried the VNR website but had no luck.

The VNR website also mentions e-ticket windows. Does this mean that i could book my ticket online and collect it there?

Thanks in advance

TGB

#1 Posted: 1/5/2008 - 05:07

• Advertisement

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

E-ticket windows refer to their ticket desks that are connected to their newish res system enabling you to book travel segments departing from other stations. There are no official on-line (Web) access.

Foreigner ticket windows - where the clerks speaks foreign languages and do NOT charge foreigners more - open at 07.30H and close around 17.00-17.30H although some other windows remain open later and can sell tickets but you will no doubt have to use paper to communicate!

Where are you thinking of travelling from / to?

#2 Posted: 1/5/2008 - 05:32

• thegingerbi-
    rd

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2008

Thanks for the info Catba.

Im arriving in HCMC late on 3rd June and was looking at getting a night train to Da Nang on the 5th, but i don't think that im going to be able to book my ticket early enough to get a bed, so will probably head off on the 6th instead.

#3 Posted: 2/5/2008 - 00:03

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

Da Nang is a long haul - the best part of 20 hours dependent on which train you get. The track width is only 1 metre which effectively limits maximum speed to about 70KPH.

Obviously you have bought your air ticket but an option would have been to fly into Da Nang via BKK which would have been cheaper as it would be part of your long haul ticket.

#4 Posted: 2/5/2008 - 05:57

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
lao embassy in phnom penh - opening times? ... By bonbongirl on 7 Jul 2006 1 2261 8 Jul 2006
Transfer times from BKK Suvarnabhumi to Hualamphong Train Station ... By MoreAdventures on 3 Jan 2014 8 846 6 Jan 2014
How can I buy a train ticket from Hualumpung in BKK to Hatyai Station???? ... By starfish69 on 7 Sep 2010 4 2264 22 Sep 2010
Bangkok bus station ticket counters open on Thai New Year? ... By wessatong on 28 Jan 2009 0 2283 28 Jan 2009
Are railway station ticket counters open at night or early mornings? ... By abellim on 2 Sep 2011 0 1795 2 Sep 2011