Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

opening and closing times of ticket sales at HCMC station

Posted by thegingerbird on 1/5/2008 at 05:07

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone knew the times that the train ticket office was open at HCMC. Ive tried the VNR website but had no luck.

The VNR website also mentions e-ticket windows. Does this mean that i could book my ticket online and collect it there?

Thanks in advance

TGB

#1 thegingerbird has been a member since 30/4/2008. Posts: 23

Posted by CatBa on 1/5/2008 at 05:32

Posted from within Vietnam.

E-ticket windows refer to their ticket desks that are connected to their newish res system enabling you to book travel segments departing from other stations. There are no official on-line (Web) access.

Foreigner ticket windows - where the clerks speaks foreign languages and do NOT charge foreigners more - open at 07.30H and close around 17.00-17.30H although some other windows remain open later and can sell tickets but you will no doubt have to use paper to communicate!

Where are you thinking of travelling from / to?

#2 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Posted by thegingerbird on 2/5/2008 at 00:03

Thanks for the info Catba.

Im arriving in HCMC late on 3rd June and was looking at getting a night train to Da Nang on the 5th, but i don't think that im going to be able to book my ticket early enough to get a bed, so will probably head off on the 6th instead.

#3 thegingerbird has been a member since 30/4/2008. Posts: 23

Posted by CatBa on 2/5/2008 at 05:57

Posted from within Vietnam.

Da Nang is a long haul - the best part of 20 hours dependent on which train you get. The track width is only 1 metre which effectively limits maximum speed to about 70KPH.

Obviously you have bought your air ticket but an option would have been to fly into Da Nang via BKK which would have been cheaper as it would be part of your long haul ticket.

#4 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.