Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Travel to Mui Ne in June

• hkgator

Joined Travelfish
    1st May, 2008

I'm planning to travel to Mui Ne in June with my two sons and wife. I plan to arrive on June 14 and spend a week there my questions are.
    1, I would like to spend a day in HCMC, recommendation on how to get to hotel, is it safe to hire a taxi from airport, if not waht are the alternatives.
    2. I heard there is now a train from HCMC to Mui Ne, is it better than taking a mini-bus, any other travel method recommended?

#1 Posted: 1/5/2008 - 22:06

• Advertisement

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

1. Exit the TSN airport terminal BUT AVOID the white SASCO taxis - get a Vina (yellow) or Mei Linh (white). It should cost you around USD$6 - buy some VN Dong at the airport exchange and you'll save money on the cab fare.

There is NO rail station in or reasonably close to Mui Ne - the nearest is about 90 minutes south of MN.

I understand why you want to expose your family to the dangers of the average OpenTour bus but I can assure you that MEI LINH (HCMC 929-2929) has NEW buses with drivers trained by foreign instructors on a skid 'pan'. ML is a now a national operator - bettering the only other national operator Hoang Long. The only OpenTour operator worth considering is Sinh (the REAL one).

The Mui Ne buses leave hourly for much of the day which lets you see the countryside whereas OT buses usually do this as a night run.

#2 Posted: 2/5/2008 - 06:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.