Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Jungle Beach

• thegingerbi-
    rd

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2008

Hi again

I was just wondering the best way to get from Nha Trang to Jungle beach. Also do you think i should book accommodation in advance?

I will be getting there around 10-17th june depending on how much i like the other places i hit first!

Cheers

TGB

#1 Posted: 12/5/2008 - 01:12

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

We've some details on reaching Jungle Beach in the North of Nha Trang section. It is worth dropping them an email or giving them a call just to check on availability before showing up.

#2 Posted: 12/5/2008 - 06:22

• packtoofull

Joined Travelfish
    16th May, 2007
    Location Indonesia

There's not a problem with the cms, well, there are problems with it, but this isn't one of them! The post was deleted and Somtam apparently emailed you this morning when he deleted it, saying (in part):

"...please do not repost material onto Travelfish that you've posted on other websites.

In this case I found the post here (though I noted you removed the bit about the info being dated to 2004): http://boards.bootsnall.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/448097925/m/84610284"

So, I've deleted it again, hope the above better explains why it was removed.

#3 Posted: 12/5/2008 - 15:38

• thegingerbi-
    rd

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2008

Thanks Somtam

I had already checked out that section but it didn't tell me if there was a bus there or whether i would need to get a taxi. I will drop them a line before i go.

Packtofull thanks for replying but you lost me at cms and your link took me to nail products!

TGB

#4 Posted: 12/5/2008 - 20:15

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

PackTooFull:
    *I* didn't post the previous post anywhere - if you look more carefully. I will clear my e-mail later and respond.

For those non-tech readers, CMS is shorthand for Content Management System, and displays information in this and many other web sites.

TheGingerBird:
    Jungle Beach is a upgraded but laid back home stay owned/operated by a French Canadian Sylvio Lamarche and his VN wife Dinh Thi Loan. It offers full board (very tasty VN food and accommodation) which means you can veg out without having to go anywhere to search for restaurants. There is plenty of privacy - even sleeping 'under the stars', along with the mosquitoes, if you wish.

Note the proper name of the town is Ninh Phuoc.

It's a little bit off the main road, located on a spur of land protruding into the sea.

If travelling by OpenTour bus you must PRE-ARRANGE with the driver to let you off at the NINH PHUOC (GPS:12N45.00 / 109E28.33) stop (mention DOC LET) and ask one of the Xe Om (motorbike drivers) to take you to Jungle Beach (VND 50,000 / motorbike). Alternatively you can get Sylvio to arrange for 4-wheeled transportation which will cost you around VND 200,000+ for the whole vehicle.

A chauffered car / taxi from NHA TRANG is VND250,000 for a 1 way trip; a larger vehicle from Nha Trang is VND350,000 for a 1 way trip. Xe Om (motorbike drivers) will charge VND100,000, again for a 1 way trip. Expect charges to be higher now because of rising gas / petrol costs.

Bus fare from the new NT airport at Cam Ranh Bay will cost USD$2 to Nha Trang City - make sure you get the shuttle bus and not one of the more expensive imitators!

For those who walk / cycle / drive take the road that leads to the Hyundai-Vinashin terminal which is just south of the Doc Let turn off, go to the Hyundai port terminal and at the front gate, turn right, proceed 5 metres and then immediately turn left (following along the side and then rear of the port terminal.

Follow this road for 5 kilometres until the end - which is a T intersection, where you should turn RIGHT and continue to the end of the road / track (about another 2 kilometres).

Jungle Beach Resort, which can be identified by its huge straw roofs, is on the 'sea' side of the road.

#5 Posted: 12/5/2008 - 20:17

• packtoofull

Joined Travelfish
    16th May, 2007
    Location Indonesia

CatBa,

The two posts are identical -- save the post on Travelfish was made under the username CatBa, on Boots, DakLak.

Regardless of if CatBa and DakLak are the same person or not, we don't want material posted verbatim from one board onto another. If you want to link to something, enter the url to it -- don't cut'paste.

Gingerbird,

Sorry, my comment probably didnt make much sense - I was responding to a message that was subsequently deleted. Jungle Beach is worth the effort to get to.

#6 Posted: 12/5/2008 - 20:35

• thegingerbi-
    rd

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2008

Thank you everyone for your fantastic advice as usual

TGB

#7 Posted: 13/5/2008 - 22:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Jungle Beach or Wildbeach? ... By jemcandance on 8 Aug 2009 3 1372 8 Aug 2009
How to reach Jungle Beach ... By harrietwilson on 28 May 2009 6 10051 2 Aug 2012
Advice for Cambodia to Indonesia for beach/jungle ... By Debbyc on 9 Aug 2014 2 607 16 Aug 2014