Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

5 star express sleeping

Posted by SophieRoberts on 13/5/2008 at 16:48

Hi, I want to get the overnight 5 star express train from Saigon to Nha Trang. Does this train have sleeping berths? If so then are these the most expensive ones only?
Thanks

#1 SophieRoberts has been a member since 13/5/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by CatBa on 13/5/2008 at 23:35

Posted from within Vietnam.

5-Star and Golden Train services are now combined and known as Golden Trains.

Unfortunately they only deal by telephone or in person and only accept cash.

IF you look at: < www.travelfish.org/board/post/vietnam/3791_How-To-Order-a-Rail-Ticket-In-SaiGon-From-Overseas/0 > you will see how to order a ticket from overseas.

The service has two options which are shared (A: Premium Class) and private cabins (B: Business Class).

The shared cabinettes have four single-size bunk beds whereas the private cabinettes have a single bed as well as a small fridge.

The cabins are classic luxury designs with wooden furniture, walls and floors and equipped with LCD TVs, internal telephones and fresh flowers.

Contact the above link to get current pricing.

#2 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Posted by CatBa on 13/5/2008 at 23:44

Posted from within Vietnam.

I forgot to add that these special trains are actually part of VietNam Railways normal runs.

These special service carriages are actaully part VNR's SN2 train departjng from SaiGon Station at 19.40H arriving in Nha Trang at 04.48H! Others are part of the SN1 train departing from Nha Trang at 18.10H arriving in SaiGon at 04.12H daily.

This schedule is enough to make you take a different train!

#3 CatBa has been a member since 5/3/2007. Posts: 349

Posted by SophieRoberts on 14/5/2008 at 12:58

Thanks!

#4 SophieRoberts has been a member since 13/5/2008. Posts: 2

Posted by goldilocks on 20/5/2008 at 11:09

Hi Sophie,
looks like you are having the same problem I had .I have been asking similar questions on various forums for several weeks .Have tried to make contact with all given agencies but they never reply!!By chance I found this = WWW.tnktravelvietnam.com and bingo I got a reply by email the following day.I have since found out that others also recommend them for travel bookings. Try them!! They are the only ones that had the decency to reply with timetable,costs and how to pay. Good luck and Happy Holidays.

#5 goldilocks has been a member since 10/4/2008. Posts: 44

Posted by goldilocks on 22/5/2008 at 10:51

Hi again Sophie you might want to reconsider (as I did)taking the Golden Train as it arrives at the ungodly hour of 04:50am I successfully booked aflight see my post titled Pacific Airlines.

#6 goldilocks has been a member since 10/4/2008. Posts: 44

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.