Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

5 star express sleeping

• SophieRober-
    ts

Joined Travelfish
    13th May, 2008

Hi, I want to get the overnight 5 star express train from Saigon to Nha Trang. Does this train have sleeping berths? If so then are these the most expensive ones only?
    Thanks

#1 Posted: 13/5/2008 - 16:48

• Advertisement

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

5-Star and Golden Train services are now combined and known as Golden Trains.

Unfortunately they only deal by telephone or in person and only accept cash.

IF you look at: < www.travelfish.org/board/post/vietnam/3791_How-To-Order-a-Rail-Ticket-In-SaiGon-From-Overseas/0 > you will see how to order a ticket from overseas.

The service has two options which are shared (A: Premium Class) and private cabins (B: Business Class).

The shared cabinettes have four single-size bunk beds whereas the private cabinettes have a single bed as well as a small fridge.

The cabins are classic luxury designs with wooden furniture, walls and floors and equipped with LCD TVs, internal telephones and fresh flowers.

Contact the above link to get current pricing.

#2 Posted: 13/5/2008 - 23:35

• CatBa

Joined Travelfish
    5th March, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

I forgot to add that these special trains are actually part of VietNam Railways normal runs.

These special service carriages are actaully part VNR's SN2 train departjng from SaiGon Station at 19.40H arriving in Nha Trang at 04.48H! Others are part of the SN1 train departing from Nha Trang at 18.10H arriving in SaiGon at 04.12H daily.

This schedule is enough to make you take a different train!

#3 Posted: 13/5/2008 - 23:44

• SophieRober-
    ts

Joined Travelfish
    13th May, 2008

Thanks!

#4 Posted: 14/5/2008 - 12:58

• goldilocks

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2008

Hi Sophie,
    looks like you are having the same problem I had .I have been asking similar questions on various forums for several weeks .Have tried to make contact with all given agencies but they never reply!!By chance I found this = WWW.tnktravelvietnam.com and bingo I got a reply by email the following day.I have since found out that others also recommend them for travel bookings. Try them!! They are the only ones that had the decency to reply with timetable,costs and how to pay. Good luck and Happy Holidays.

#5 Posted: 20/5/2008 - 11:09

• goldilocks

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2008

Hi again Sophie you might want to reconsider (as I did)taking the Golden Train as it arrives at the ungodly hour of 04:50am I successfully booked aflight see my post titled Pacific Airlines.

#6 Posted: 22/5/2008 - 10:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
5 Star Express Train ... By chichinic on 27 Feb 2008 11 5899 11 May 2008