Photo: Canals of Ca Mau, Mekong Delta.

Vietnam forum

From Hanoi - Saigon (in July)

Posted by seahmj on 18/5/2008 at 00:37

Hi,

I would like to have some informations on how do i go about travelling in a proper and safer way as i am planning to travel in this journey:

Hanoi (visit to Halong Bay) - Hue - Hoi An - Nha Trang / Da Lat (either 1 or both) - Mekong Delta - Saigon

Someone please advice me. I am doing a backpack visit to vietnam. This is my very first time doing so and i know nuts about vietnam transport and how it goes. I am on a budget tour. Hopefully someone will give me an idea of how can i do all this travelling within 10 days. 10th July will be arriving in Hanoi in the evening around 2035hrs. Probably be staying in Central Stars Hotel or Hanoi Guest House Hotel. Will be leaving from Saigon to Singapore at 1420hrs on the 19th July.

#1 seahmj has been a member since 18/5/2008. Posts: 14

Posted by packtoofull on 18/5/2008 at 06:43

Hi,

For starters, take a look at the following:
Suggested Vietnam itineraries
Vietnam transport overview
Vietnam train system explained.

#2 packtoofull has been a member since 16/5/2007. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 39

Posted by seahmj on 18/5/2008 at 10:20

What are the timing of the night market in Hanoi near the lake open from and end at? Where can i get the map of Hanoi and those province i am planning to go for Free?

#3 seahmj has been a member since 18/5/2008. Posts: 14

Posted by seahmj on 18/5/2008 at 11:27

I also need to know what are some of the hotel or guest house you will recommend me to stay at different province. I have read through the list of guest house, but i do not exactly know the location. Please advise. Thanks!

#4 seahmj has been a member since 18/5/2008. Posts: 14

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.