Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Pacific Airlines booking help required

• goldilocks

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2008

Iwould like to book tickets on Pacific airlines
    I have tried repeatedly to make contact to their
    website (from NZ). But all I ever get is a blue page stating loading and nothing comes up so I presume that they don't have online booking.Can anyone give me a reputable agent who will book a flight HCM to Nha Trang for me? I believe they are the cheapest for domestic flights??

#1 Posted: 18/5/2008 - 09:36

• Advertisement

• smokesthecat

Joined Travelfish
    20th May, 2008

Hi Goldilocks, I've recently booked flights on pacific airlines (www.pacificairlines.com.vn) and yes it can be done online. Most of the internal vietnam flights seem to be about US$40. Why don't you try using a different browser or calling around your friends to see who can access the site successfully. I'm on a mac and used firefox to book. Goodluck!

#2 Posted: 20/5/2008 - 15:44

• goldilocks

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2008

Hi Smokesthecat, Thanksfor your advice.
    Success!! I finally made contact managed to get 2 return flights for an all up total of US$110:83 .It worked out cheaper and quicker than taking the Golden train train which arrives at the ungodly hour of 04:50am in Nha Trang.

#3 Posted: 22/5/2008 - 10:40

• redgum

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2008
    Location Australia

hi all
    well hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Jetstar have taken Pacific over & have changed quite a few bookings, so avoid getting caught& check your bookings.
    I had booked & paid for tickets from Hue to Hanoi but they have cancelled them & rebooked me to fly out from Danang instead. Its over a 100 kms away, plus we are flying into Danang trsf to Hoian for 3 nites, then hiring a car & going to Hue for 2 nites. So as you can see travelling back to Danang is ridiculous. I think i'll cancel & fly Vietnam instead.
    good luck

#4 Posted: 25/5/2008 - 20:29

• macman1945

Joined Travelfish
    11th October, 2007

Hi people,
    I am booked for three flights with pacific in the coming month and they have changed times on two of them. On both occasions I recieved an e-mail from them with a new itinery. I will post any problems I have on my return.
    cheers.

#5 Posted: 26/5/2008 - 04:32

• goldilocks

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2008

Redgum,
    Thanks for that.I looked them up my flight times haven't changed.But...when I tried to check my booking online the reply came up with my information doesn't match information on the PNR. I have sent a e-mail to their sales hope I get a reply!! as the only contact information they give is a phone number#&*.I cant see me doing that from NZ.Will let you know the outcome.

#6 Posted: 26/5/2008 - 05:07

• redgum

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2008
    Location Australia

hi macman
    consider yourself lucky then cause they never emailed or notified me in any way, & it wasnt just the times they changed, they changed me to a different departure city!

You're welcome goldilocks, if there is a Jetstar contact number in NZ try them, someone tried the oz line & they were succesful. I"m about to so it will be me that needs good luck i think. Cant believe they changed my departure city, really sucks

#7 Posted: 26/5/2008 - 05:31

• redgum

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2008
    Location Australia

Hi Goldilocks
    I just ph Jetstar here & they said it was too early to tell yet what was happening but they can look up bookings & tell you whats on fle. They first of all told me to ph Vietnam Jetstar, i told him how utterly ridiculous that was & insisted that he try to look up my booking. I persisted & he miraculously found it! They have added a 9 to the end of my Pacific booking number so i can check online if there are any changes.
    I suggest you try ringing your NZ number but be insistent or they will fob you off. & try adding a 9 to your number so maybe you can check online
    good luck

#8 Posted: 26/5/2008 - 07:48

• goldilocks

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2008

Hi Redgum,
    You were correct about adding number 9 to the end of the booking number ,Tried online but no success,so took your advice and rang here in NZ.A very helpful lady(only to pleased too help me) checked all details . No flight changes , and told me to add 9 to booking number,Then asked if she could be of any more assistance.Now hows that for good service!!Thanks again for alerting me to this.I hope you have a happy outcome with your bookings.

#9 Posted: 26/5/2008 - 08:42

• goldilocks

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2008

Hi Redgum,
    You were correct about adding number 9 to the end of the booking number ,Tried online but no success,so took your advice and rang here in NZ.A very helpful lady(only to pleased too help me) checked all details . No flight changes , and told me to add 9 to booking number,Then asked if she could be of any more assistance.Now hows that for good service!!Thanks again for alerting me to this.I hope you have a happy outcome with your bookings.

#10 Posted: 26/5/2008 - 08:50

• Advertisement

• redgum

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2008
    Location Australia

ha well goldilocks when i next need help with Jetstar i'll be ringing the NZ line. Sounds like they were more helpful than the oz one. They actually told me to ph the Vietnam office! Wish they'd suggested NZ instead. I am actually on the list to be contacted so they could inform me of the changes. How nice!! Cant wait for that call, wonder if they'll get to me before i go?

#11 Posted: 26/5/2008 - 17:46

• smokesthecat

Joined Travelfish
    20th May, 2008

The magic number 9 worked for me too - thanks redgum. I did see that they'd merged onto the jetstar website but was surprised to hear that they've changed flights. I too called the oz help line but found them very helpful so you may have just been unlucky... although I was asking about flights from Denang to HCMC on Oct 29. Online bookings only go up to the 25th but the nice man seemed to think that it was just that the later flights hadn't been loaded into the system yet. I guess we'll see! I'd be interested to know price you get for your vietnam airlins flight... good luck with that.

#12 Posted: 26/5/2008 - 23:09

• macman1945

Joined Travelfish
    11th October, 2007

Hi redgum,
    I registered with pacific as a member and that could explain why I recieved e-mails. Really feel sorry they stuffed you around with departure points,and did not let you know.We will be over there at same time so lets both post our reviews of pacific experience on return,o.k.
    cheers.

#13 Posted: 27/5/2008 - 15:58

• redgum

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2008
    Location Australia

Hi Macman
    I registered with them too but still no email. I have rang Jetstar & they told me that i am on the list to contact. Not sure yet what i'll do, whether i'll cancel or try & work it out. Anyway crap happens.
    When are you going? We have 9 weeks & 5 days to go. Ha ha guess who's counting!
    I'm sure it will be fabulous, cant wait

#14 Posted: 27/5/2008 - 16:12

• goldilocks

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2008

Hi again Redgum,
    that would be in July? Same here,it appears to be a popular month from our part of the world to travel.We always travel about this time it gives us a break from winter.Have you been to Vietnam before?this is our second time.Last year we spen tnearly 4 weeks in Hanoi

#15 Posted: 28/5/2008 - 02:11

• redgum

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2008
    Location Australia

close enough goldilocks, we get there aug 2nd. I've never been there before, we went to phuket last yr & i've got the bug now. Someone had said to me if i loved Thailand i'd absolutely love Vietnam so i've been obsessedc ever since.Unfortunately i only have 2 weeks, wish i'd realised that the country was so big & so cheap to travel thru, i would have gone for more. But hey we can always go back! 4 weeks anywhere would be great!!!

#16 Posted: 28/5/2008 - 08:14

• goldilocks

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2008

Thailand is lovely Redgum,I have been there many times,I also have the travel bug,we always take 4 weeks sometimes longer .It gives us a chance to experiment and explore.Vietnam is not at all like Thailand, so go with an open mind, and you won't be disappointed. The food is absolutely delicious in Vietnam, as is the coffee (hot or cold).Traffic is horrific!! crossing the road is an unforgetable experience!! Explore see as much as you can in your 2 weeks ,there is a whole new world out there.Enjoy your holiday.

#17 Posted: 29/5/2008 - 04:33

• macman1945

Joined Travelfish
    11th October, 2007

Hi redgum,
    I leave this saturday for 25 days.
    Hope you sorted out your problem and have a great trip. Will hopefully be able to give this forum a few tips on return.

#18 Posted: 29/5/2008 - 08:20

• redgum

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2008
    Location Australia

hey Macman
    wow 25 days ? how fantastic. I hope you have a fabulous time. Are you going everywhere or just a few places? will you post while you there? please do.
    I only have 9 weeks to go & its flying now, considering we started planning last August we are nearly there.
    enjoy
    Goldilocks
    i've read everything possible so we are very open minded to whatever we find. Only thing freaking my mother out is the squat toilets! She's so funny but we'll be fine. We intend to have a great holiday no matter what. We only have 2 weeks so we wont be stopping long anywhere so we intend to see as much as we can, if nothing else we intend to have lots of fun
    thanks guys

#19 Posted: 29/5/2008 - 09:37

• goldilocks

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2008

Hi Redgum,
    I never struck a squat toilet while I was there.Hotels restuarants etc all had western toilets.

#20 Posted: 29/5/2008 - 10:11

• redgum

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2008
    Location Australia

ha ha well i'm glad to hear that goldilocks!
    I keep telling her it will be ok, we'll just pretend we're camping!
    We've read the guidebooks etc & they said it was nearly all western style toilets & we arent going off the beaten track, so we'll be fine.
    Thanks

#21 Posted: 29/5/2008 - 10:24

• macman1945

Joined Travelfish
    11th October, 2007

Hi redgum,
    Thanks for your good wishes.
    Just doing the usual tourist trail (hcm , hanoi , hoi an , nha trang , hcm ) but just love this place. I used to be a philippines devotee but it wore a bit thin. Do not think I will be posting while away as I am commited to drinking vietnam out of bia hoi for the duration of my trip. Once again, have a good trip.

#22 Posted: 29/5/2008 - 17:02

• redgum

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2008
    Location Australia

hey macman
    So we should gather gthat you like Vietnamese beer then? it might make for interesting reading!!!
    cheers

#23 Posted: 29/5/2008 - 17:48

• goldilocks

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2008

HI Macman, So you liked the Vietnam home brew ?Isaw it everywhere when we were in Hanoi,"cheap as"I tried to get my husband to try it,but he wasn't game.I bet you have alot of fun.Have one or two for me !!
    Cheers

#24 Posted: 30/5/2008 - 02:23

• macman1945

Joined Travelfish
    11th October, 2007

Hi goldie and reddie,
    Just read the garbage that was posted on another forum re myself! I may like a beer but I am not a bad dude. But you both got me thinking I may do a posting on bia hoi when I get back. Dont expect any postings from ozimac as I usually have to carry him home.

#25 Posted: 30/5/2008 - 14:59

• redgum

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2008
    Location Australia

Haaa haaaa
    Ya that Ozimac talks rubbish doesnt he? I didnt believe him when he said you were a bad dude, maybe the pair of you could post together after the bia hoi?
    I keep saying it would make very intertesting reading!
    You pair would just about be on your way to the airport now? How exciting, have a great trip, but it sounds like you both will!
    Cant wait to read about it

#26 Posted: 30/5/2008 - 18:12

• goldilocks

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2008

Hi Redgum,
    I have just recieved an answer(after 8days) to my e-mail to Jetstar. Email came from Melbourne to let me know that my booking was still valid, and to notify me of a change to my departure time from Nha trang .I looked up Jetstar and it looks as though they have made quite a few changes to the timetable.Also the fares are less than Pacific.Maybe I could have saved a few dollars if I had waited for the take/over,HA! HA!

#27 Posted: 3/6/2008 - 07:18

• redgum

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2008
    Location Australia

hiya
    died you are the lucky one cause i still havent heard from them at all!
    As for prices? Yes just to rub my nose in it a bit more, they not only changed my departure city, the new tickets from there are nearly half price. Unless they start flying out of Hue again i wont be flying out of Danang with them. I will cancel the ticket & use Vietnam Air. Still cant believe they can do it. Oh well i keep checking the other flights but they havent benn touched, fingers crossed it stays that way.

#28 Posted: 3/6/2008 - 08:42

• redgum

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2008
    Location Australia

Hi all
    I have just cancelled my tickets from Danang & will re-book with Vietnam airlines either when i get there or with our tour guide beforehand.
    Jetstar still hasnt contacted me even though they told me 3 weeks ago i was on the list, apparently they are still working thru Junes booking? bit late i would have thought?

#29 Posted: 23/6/2008 - 07:14

• goldilocks

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2008

Hi Redgum,
    well...!! no wonder you haven't heard as they seem to be continuously changing their timetables.Just as well I keep checking, because the departure time has changed yet again.And *&^#!! no I wasn't notified,looks like I will need to check regularly other wise I could quite possibly miss the flight.
    This is my first time dealing with a budget airline, I did expect to find a few pitfalls , but they really need to get their act together.
    How are the rest of your plans progressing

#30 Posted: 23/6/2008 - 09:47

• redgum

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2008
    Location Australia

Hi Goldilocks
    I'm not game to check the rest of my bookings just in case they have changed too! I have travelled Jetstar to Tassie & to Phuket last yr & they were fine both times. The staff were lovely & i had no complaints even though the flight from Tassie was delayed by 6hrs & we missed our connecting flight, but that was due to all flights being diverted cause Sydney was fogged in. The flight from Phuket to Sydney was also delayed by about 12hrs cause the weather was so bad all flights were stopped out of Sydney. But i'd rather they delay due to fog or bad weather than to try to fly in it. But this time i'm peeved cause they havent bothered to contact & thats just bad customer service. But its all ok our tour guide is going to get us tickets on Vietnam air so its all worked out ok.
    Apart from that all is going well, my mum had to have a op & we werent sure she would be able to travel but she has come thru it with flying colours & she's so excited now too. So thats good news. My aunty who is travelling with us is coming down this weekend ( she lives 3 hrs away) to finalise stuff & we only have 5 weeks & 4 days to go so its exciting all round.
    When are you leaving? Its soon isnt it? Are you all organised? I dream every night about it, i'm ridiculous. Last nite i dreamt i'd been there for 16 days & was crying cause all the time i'd been there i hadnt eaten any Vietnamese food! How stupid? There were people from work there eating it out of a can telling me to take a can home or i'd miss my flight home! The next few weeks cant go quick enough for me!

#31 Posted: 23/6/2008 - 23:03

• goldilocks

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2008

Hi Redgum , read reply private post on T/A

#32 Posted: 24/6/2008 - 08:11

• smokesthecat

Joined Travelfish
    20th May, 2008

I guess it's the teething period of Jetstar taking over Pacific Airlines and I'm sure they will have all the problems sorted out soon enough... I just hope you all end up on the flights you need and have a great time! I just booked a hotel on www.ivivu.com and they actually book Vietnam Airways flights online. I think Hue to Hanoi was $71 on the day that I looked. My hotel was not 'instant confirmation' but they wrote back to me within 48 hours to confirm.

#33 Posted: 24/6/2008 - 12:28

• goldilocks

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2008

Hi,smokesthecat,
    I agree , if I had only waited a couple of weeks ,as now Jestar have taken over the fares have got even better .The only grissle I have is that Jetstar is very "remiss" on not notifying their customers of changes.This could cause a person to miss their flight. Luckey I keep checking as they have changed the departure time "twice" on my flight, and no I wasn't notified on either change. Now I would certainly have missed my flight I hadn't been vigilant.I would be curious to know if anyone has been caught out.

#34 Posted: 25/6/2008 - 02:35

• macman1945

Joined Travelfish
    11th October, 2007

Hi all,
    Promised a report on my pacific airlines experiences on my return and here it is. Saigon to haiphong 3/6. An unbelievable incident when a vietnamese passenger( with baby) turned on a massive blue while we were waiting to take off. She abused all the cabin staff and when they called security she gave them a rough time too. I have no idea what it was all about but they ended up off-loading her.So unfortunately we ended up 1.5 hrs late in haiphong.
    Hanoi to danang 11/6. On time and to schedule. A great flight and the scenery from the air was breathtaking.
    Nha trang to saigon 20/6. Ditto.
    All in all, only disappointing flight was vn airline from danang to nha trang. Viabration on take off was quite disturbing and cabin service not up to pacific.

#35 Posted: 2/7/2008 - 13:46

• redgum

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2008
    Location Australia

hiya macman

thanks for that, they sound ok, now all i have to do is get them to stop changing times on my flights!
    I cancelled the flight from Danang & rebooked with VN, so that ones fixed now(they still didnt notify me ) but now i was booked on the 3.30 from Hanoi ( to arrive 5.30 so we could catch our Sydney flight at 9.30 ) & they've changed me to 4.30 & arrive at 6.30 so now i'll have to change that cause if they are late leaving Hanoi i wont leave myself enough time. Damn annoying, jujst waiting to see if it changes again cause i think i'll have to get the 2.30.
    Got our pre approval visa letter yesterday, very excited now!!!

#36 Posted: 3/7/2008 - 00:04

• goldilocks

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2008

Hi Macman,
    sounds promising. They are still adjusting their timetable,I hope that is the last change. Give us the lowdown on Nha Trang . Where did you stay?Reviews etc,etc.We will be spending the larger part of our holiday there,so would love to hear of your experience.

#37 Posted: 3/7/2008 - 02:30

• macman1945

Joined Travelfish
    11th October, 2007

Hi goldie,
    Nha trang was just great! The sea water there was the cleanest we struck anywhere including cat ba. We stayed at the Ha van hotel and could not praise the place enough. Read some bad reviews before I left but they fantastic. The range of eateries in nha trang was again best we struck for trip. My personal favourite is the GIA, a vietnamese restaurant a couple of doors from the why not bar. Enjoyed every meal I had there and not expensive. Did not enjoy meals at cyclo, only yesterday, buffalo steak house. Also found italian food in nha trang very disappointing at good morning vietnam. Maybe I just picked the bad days. You will love the Louisiana
    beerhouse, very nice setting on the beach.

#38 Posted: 3/7/2008 - 13:44

• redgum

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2008
    Location Australia

Hi macman
    So is the seafood great too? i have read that on the beach they come & ask you if you would like lobster or whatever & then cook it for you there? I'm a seafood nutter so i cant wait.

#39 Posted: 3/7/2008 - 22:03

• goldilocks

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2008

Hi Macman,
    Thanks for the information .Looking forward to soaking up some sun, as it's b#*y cold here at present.Like redgum states,did you try any seafood on the beach??

#40 Posted: 4/7/2008 - 03:28

• macman1945

Joined Travelfish
    11th October, 2007

Hi girls,
    The seafood girls station themselves at several locations. One is at the edge of the security area of the sailing club , the other at the louisiana beerhouse site. If you cannot find them there try the park area between the two places. The prawns are absolutely huge and taste o.k. Did not try the lobster but they had them. Yes, they will cook them on the spot. They also have lots of shellfish ( cockles, mussels ) but heard of a few cases of food poisoning so did not try them.
    Have great trips girls!

#41 Posted: 4/7/2008 - 06:05

• goldilocks

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2008

Great information Macman, thanks again,with all the great information I have collected from O/P I am more than ready to live it up.

#42 Posted: 4/7/2008 - 09:50

• redgum

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2008
    Location Australia

Yes thanks Macman

Goldie & I are more than ready, i'm off to Sydney in 4 weeks for a couple of nights & a Cirque de Solei show , then flying out to HCMC next day.
    But now my mother has done her Sciatic nerve, she at home crippled up on meds. Warned her that she'd better lie down relax & get better. Just got thru her op & now this. Poor thing, but i'm confident it will be all ok, cross your fingers for us!

#43 Posted: 4/7/2008 - 10:28

• macman1945

Joined Travelfish
    11th October, 2007

Hi reddie,
    Sorry to hear your mum still is not good. Just a thought when I read that, in the length of vietnam I failed to find a comfortable chair in any bar or eatery so would suggest you take that into consideration with your mum. Some sort of inflatable bum and back cushioning would be worth a thought.

#44 Posted: 5/7/2008 - 13:24

• redgum

Joined Travelfish
    24th January, 2008
    Location Australia

Thanks macman
    I'm sure she'll be better by end of week. I have her booked for acupunture Monday, so after a couple of doses it will be all fixed plus she has good pain meds & anti-inflamitries.
    Thanks for your good wishes though & we'll take a blow up cushion with us.

#45 Posted: 5/7/2008 - 18:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Pacific Airlines to become Jetstar Pacific ... By somtam2000 on 14 Apr 2008 2 3312 26 May 2008
pacific airlines ... By katt on 26 Jan 2007 4 2564 28 Apr 2007
can now book pacific airlines online! ... By katt on 17 Feb 2007 2 2231 5 Mar 2007
pacific airline booking stuff-up ... By macman1945 on 12 Apr 2008 7 2780 14 Apr 2008
Thailand - high season booking required? ... By aegeon1 on 7 Dec 2010 7 2504 13 Dec 2010
Similans- advance booking for boat and accomodation required ... By Seba on 9 Dec 2009 0 2014 9 Dec 2009
Lao Airlines online booking ... By daawgon on 7 Apr 2012 2 1748 26 Apr 2012
Booking Lao Airlines flights ... By GussieG on 17 Sep 2006 1 3093 17 Sep 2006
LAO AIRLINES - BOOKING ON LINE ... By jo8034 on 25 Jan 2007 4 7982 28 Jan 2007
Booking flights Lao Airlines ... By JenDVM on 27 Sep 2007 2 3551 27 Sep 2007