Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

sapa info needed

• jscsmail

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2008

Hi All,
    ive got a short trip to Hanoi planned in early June. I would like to do the overnight train to sapa & one days trekking & maybe a day checking out the wkend markets, can anyone recommend a decent place to book through? I'm happy to catch a train up & organise something in sapa, or should I just pay handspan price & do the touristy option?. Is it easier to organise tours in sapa or Hanoi? I'm only in Hanoi 5 days & id like to do an overnight halong bay cruise also, so I’m short of time to explore options when i arrive. Also trying to find a hotel around Ma May st, elegance 1/2 r booked out, any comparable alternatives?

Any suggestions appreciated,

Happy travels

J

#1 Posted: 18/5/2008 - 17:47

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Sapa is wonderful even if it is teeming with tourists! I was there in March - loved it. With only a few days, I'd arrange it before you go. I dealt with Mr. Diep at Adventure Indochina in Hanoi - he's honest, speaks good English, and priced right. Go to www.adventureindochina.com/ and you can contact him - even talk to him on Skype.

I stayed at a very nice guesthouse for $13. - a charming place with a very good restaurant. The Anh Dao Hotel - they'll arrange trans. from train to the hotel for $2.

#2 Posted: 19/5/2008 - 01:38

• liquefiedst-
    ars

Joined Travelfish
    25th April, 2008

I've yet to go to Sapa myself but from the research I've done, it's very do-able on your own. :) I will be taking the overnight trains to/from Hanoi, spending 2 nights and 3 days in Sapa. All sorts of treks and tours can be arranged with your hotel in Sapa and there are travel agents in town as well.

Get the e-Fish on Lao Cai! It's just been updated and has tripled in size - full of good stuff.

#3 Posted: 19/5/2008 - 09:34

• sunbaby11

Joined Travelfish
    19th May, 2008

I'm visitng Sapa in June. Does anyone knows what's the weather like, early June.

#4 Posted: 19/5/2008 - 14:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Ko Bulon Lae info needed ... By globoglobo on 23 Nov 2013 2 402 24 Nov 2013
Budget Info Needed ... By 4439 on 8 Oct 2007 1 1604 9 Oct 2007
Visa info needed ... By anandgrafiti on 14 Jul 2009 19 3274 13 Jun 2011