Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Outdoor shop in Hanoi?

• burnthisnow

Joined Travelfish
    24th May, 2008

Does anyone know if there's an outdoor outfitter in Hanoi? Not the kind that provides tours, but the kind that sells camping and hiking equipment. I'm also wondering if there's a good English bookstore anyone can recommend. Thanks!

#1 Posted: 30/5/2008 - 17:10

• Advertisement

• paradissatr-
    avel

Joined Travelfish
    7th June, 2008

Posted from within Vietnam.

I don't know the previous. But the latter I do. The nice English booksotore is in Ngo Van So street. It faces a restaurant called "Le Tonkin". It's a very short street so once you can circle it on the map, you can't miss.

#2 Posted: 7/6/2008 - 16:47

• koru

Joined Travelfish
    2nd November, 2008

Posted from within Vietnam.

The above shop has now moved, it is called Bookworm
    4b Pho Yen The, Hoan Kiem. (Pho is like a small lane or allyway).
    Yen The - is off Nguyen Thai Hoc.....Trang Thi Road. (all one road). A good landmark is KFC on th corner of the laneway. There phone number is (4 for Hanoi) 7478778.
    A secondhand bookshop and exchange is the BookExchange, 35 Hang Giay St it is in the old quarter. You can exchange 2 for 1. There are a few other places in the old quarter and you will probably walk pass them while trying to find your way back to your hotel!

#3 Posted: 8/11/2008 - 15:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
easy to buy outdoor clothing in Hanoi? ... By soccertaxi on 7 Nov 2007 5 3653 8 Nov 2007