Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Nha Trang vs Sapa

• Wyse11

Joined Travelfish
    13th May, 2008

Hi all
    I am planning a trip in August/September for about 3.5 weeks. After reading recent blogs, I am considering cutting the 3 days I had planned to spend Nha Trang in favour of going to Sapa (trekking/markets etc). I am not a diver or into the backpacking 'party' scene. I am more interested in experience the Vietnamese history and culture I am concerned that Nha Trang doesn't have much offer someone with my interests. Any thoughts or ideas ?

#1 Posted: 3/6/2008 - 17:49

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

If you're not into diving nor the party scene, then you'll not miss much by skipping Nha Trang. Sapa would be more interesting. If history is your focus, then both Hue and Hanoi will be worth some time.

#2 Posted: 4/6/2008 - 06:21

• paradissatr-
    avel

Joined Travelfish
    7th June, 2008

Posted from within Vietnam.

I loved the islands out of Nha Trang but the city itself, apart from the beach, has no much to offer. Sapa is cool. I love it a lot.

#3 Posted: 7/6/2008 - 16:11

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.