Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

~ Advise on Booking Tours in Sapa~

• clemontz

Joined Travelfish
    9th June, 2008

Hi all, need some advise on my itinery in Sapa

my group will be arriving in Lao Cai Station on a Tues morning.(yes sadly, we just can't make it intime for the sun markets). Tentatively, we would like to go to the Coc Ly tues market, and then Homestay at Ta Van. We would also like to visit Ban Ho, and several other tribal village, and spend the 2nd night in Sapa town itself. then the thurs morning visit Cat-Cat vilage, b4 returning to hanoi.

However, the tours package online i found was abt USD 140+. will it be very much cheaper if i book in SAPA? how much for a rough estimate? (the train rides can just be standard economy soft sleeper, and a normal budget guesthouse will do.)

Are there many tour operaters in Sapa? also since i'm arriving on tues, i wan to go for Coc ly tues market, i'll be in quite a rush to get . is it possible/ advisable to book a tour at lao cai station itself?

if you have any other village or places you find unforgettable or truly memorable pls recommend!

Possible for you guys to email me some good honest tour operaters, who truly help contribute to local economy and environment?

Thanks for you time,and reply!!!! =)

#1 Posted: 9/6/2008 - 14:08

• Advertisement

• etulio

Joined Travelfish
    10th May, 2008

I read in another forum that Coc Ly Tues market has been moved because a dam project: "About 1km before the Coc Ly village the road is being completely dug up for the new dam project. The market has apparently shifted, and because the market is now so inaccessable its hard to see that many local people are going to make the effort"

#2 Posted: 9/6/2008 - 16:06

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
about Sinh cafe tours and tours in Sapa ... By laus on 19 Feb 2010 3 4277 21 Feb 2010