Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

really need vaccinations????

• hippydiza

Joined Travelfish
    22nd June, 2008

Hi,am doing the 3 week south to north trip leaving end of July including a few days in Sapa and really would rather not have vaccinations but would like to hear the opinions of others who have done it before me please....hippydiza

#1 Posted: 22/6/2008 - 18:10

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

#2 Posted: 22/6/2008 - 20:16

• CatBa2

Joined Travelfish
    6th November, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

Travellers on the tourist route rarely need injections.

I've been here 16 years and only take precautions against dengue as I reside in the Central Highlands.

You can catch Malaria and Dengue within HCMC (they are presently fumigating streets nightly at this time).

However, be prepared. Forget your DEET and buy SOFRELLA in VN - a nice smelling repellent made in Japan. Bring a roll of Duct tape to seal up mosquito nets (usually supplied in hotels in affected areas - in the long box at the head of beds).

Keep your feet and socks clean and wear long sleeved shirts / long pants at dawn and dusk - the favourite hunting time for the M an D carrying mosquitoes.

But as I said you have few worries when doing the Ha Noi >> HCMC route and Sa Pa is in a temperate zone (think mid-Europe).

#3 Posted: 13/7/2008 - 18:10

• hippydiza

Joined Travelfish
    22nd June, 2008

Thankyou for replies and info CatBa2....very handy and much appreciated :-)

#4 Posted: 13/7/2008 - 18:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.