Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Romantic Hotel in Hanoi

• liv97

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2008

My fiance and I are spending a couple nights in Hanoi at the start of our honeymoon. Any recommendation for romantic nice hotels? We'd prefer something small and unique over 4-seasons type mass-market luxury.

Thanks

#1 Posted: 24/6/2008 - 04:10

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

My first response is old wing at the Sofitel -- it costs an arm and a leg... but is well worth it I'd say -- but old wing only -- not the new wing.

It's a biggish hotel, but the old wing is intimate and doesn't feel like a typical five star joint.

#2 Posted: 24/6/2008 - 06:18

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Sorry, hit the enter key too quick!

Otherwise I'd lean towards one of the small family-run hole-in-the-wall guesthouses -- wouldn't be flash at all, but certainly small and unique. See the accommodation listings for Hanoi for dozens of choices, else give me an idea of what kind of budget you're considering and will try to make a recommendation.

#3 Posted: 24/6/2008 - 06:20

• liv97

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2008

Thanks somtam! I will check out the Sofitel. I think our budget is pretty flexible. Most of the trip we're staying in cheap backpacker places, but we can go up to $200 a night for the first couple nights in Hanoi.

#4 Posted: 24/6/2008 - 06:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.