Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Saigon Vs Hanoi

• Marney_47

Joined Travelfish
    16th May, 2008

I have 1 week in Vietnam (8 days) and instead of cramming and making the mistake of rushing my travel (Nobody wants that) i have decided i will concerntrate on one area either Hanoi and its surrounding areas, Ha long Bay etc, or Saigon and its surrounding areas.

Straight after i visit Vietnam im heading to Cambodia for a week so firstly it made sense for me to fly from Vietianne (Laos) to Saigon instead of goin out of my way to Hanoi and causing problems then trying to get to Phnom Penh from Hanoi.

What do you guys think??? Am i making a mistake???

In addition, if i did go to Siagon for my 8 days what kind of day trips overnight stays do people reccommend round there. Im travelling with two other 24 year old males so i'm also leading towards Saigon as more party options i think over that in Hanoi. We have built up a mind over body attitude so we have no problems in staying out till 3 and getting up at 7am... Trust me we are masters at it by now...

Can anyone give me any ideas? I cant stop changing my plans and its killing me!!!!

#1 Posted: 25/6/2008 - 13:07

• Advertisement

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Normally I advise everyone to head for Hanoi, but in your case, no. The problem is that 8 days in Saigon is tooooooooooooooooo long! My observation was that neither city was a terribly big late night party town. I would also take the train up to Nha Trang because that's where all the action is!

#2 Posted: 25/6/2008 - 18:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.