Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Best way to get from Bangkok to Hoi an??

• lucyloo

Joined Travelfish
    6th July, 2008

Hi all, trying to plan my return trip to beautifull vietnam in about 5 weeks that will start in bangkok (then maybe anywhere with a beach nearish i.e koh samet or koh chang for a lazy week!) then to Hoi an for 3weeks then back to bangkok, I wanted a direct route if poss-thought I could fly to Da-nang then taxi it to Hoi-an but I cant seem to get any flights without going through Hanoi -would really appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks!!

#1 Posted: 6/7/2008 - 21:30

• Advertisement

• hansyen

Joined Travelfish
    2nd April, 2007

Both airlines are flying the BKK-DAN route
    www.pbair.com/
    www.thaiair.com/

#2 Posted: 7/7/2008 - 15:03

• CatBa2

Joined Travelfish
    6th November, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

There are SEASONAL flights to Da Nang, some direct and others via Laos.

Hoi An is about 30 minutes by road from Da Nang.

Three weeks in Hoi An seems a lengthy stay so if you are looking for beach the place to say is CUA DAI BEACH - be aware THAT THERE ARE WHIRLPOOLS AT CUA DAI although the hotels prefer NOT to tell you. They are between the Victoria and the Palm opposite the intersection with the road from Hoi An.

ALSO know about the bicycle parking scam that exists near the Cua Dai POST OFFICE where a police look-alike (khaki uniform, NO hat, and a scruffy red and white stick) who will direct you to to a patch opposite where you will be charged VND10,000 (the normal rate is VND1,000 for bicycles). Just yell out VICTORIA and cycle on whilst ignoring this fake (who bribes the police so they ignore him).

#3 Posted: 13/7/2008 - 13:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.