Flag of Vietnam

Vietnam forum

Yet another Halong tour question

• bellowe

Joined Travelfish
    8th July, 2008

In Feb 08 we will be going to Hanoi. We are bringing 8 Canadians and will be joined by 2 Vietnamese local family members from central Vietnam bringing us to a total of 12.
    This should be enough people that I should be able to charter A Junk for a 3 day 2 night tour.
    I am looking to book in advance over the internet so I can try to minimize last minute surprises which always seem to happen in Vietnam. I am looking for a tour 100-150 dollar price range pp. After reading many posts, I understand that:
    Handspan is reliable but a little more expensive…. Do not own boats
    Vega international ( Halong-CatBa ) and Ocean tours ( cruise away )offer a decent value and service

Can anybody recommend any other tour operators that own boats that offer a good reliable service? Who would you deal with if you were responsible for 11 other people and wanted them to come back with positive memories?

Thanks for any help or advice you can give

#1 Posted: 8/7/2008 - 03:00

• Advertisement

• Travelindoc-
    hine

Click here to learn more about Travelindochine
    Joined Travelfish
    10th July, 2008
    Location Vietnam

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi,

Thanks for your post. I think you should not to do a charter. Its very expensive. I think you had better book a free and easy tours. price about 180 usd/pax. meals on board included.

Have fun
    Travelindochine

#2 Posted: 10/7/2008 - 22:04

• CatBa2

Joined Travelfish
    6th November, 2007

Posted from within Vietnam.

Keep on getting that feeling that TravelIndochine is a travel agent hustler.

Cruising in Ha Long Bay is a "mine field". At least you discovered Handspan IS expensive.

Most people offering cruises do NOT own boats, even though their adverts say so. Book as close as possible to the boat owner to cut-out multiple middlemens comissions.

The Emneraude is now back in service after a small refit and cabin design.

Book the cruises AS SOON AS YOU GET TO HA NOI *OR* EN ROUTE using your Vietnamese friends to sort out any language hassles.

#3 Posted: 13/7/2008 - 17:40

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.